A Film for Our Times?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

whitenemesis

MB Club Veteran
SUPPORTER
Car
Lexus RX450h F-Sport with Takumi Pack 2020
Films reflecting/illustrating/dramatising the current situation?
The obvious is -
Contagion (2011), frighteningly realistic and truthful to infection control SOPs

How about -
Outbreak (1995), shows it's age and although starts of quite believably (but let's substitute New York for Cedar Creek and it would escalate out of control very quickly!) Tends to get silly toward the end ..

What have you watched recently, inspired by current events?

If you get it in the water supply from some military chemical agent and then after some time people start acting erratic, then Crazies from 2010 would be a good candidate for you to waste some time in front of your tv. :)

If you get it in the water supply from some military chemical agent and then after some time people start acting erratic, then Crazies from 2010 would be a good candidate for you to waste some time in front of your tv. :)

That water reference reminded me we watched Erin Brockovich yesterday.

That water reference reminded me we watched Erin Brockovich yesterday.

With Albert Finney, my favourite actor.

If you haven't seen 'A Rather English Marriage' you are missing out.
Albert Finney
Tom Courtenay
Joanna Lumley
A fantastic film. :thumb:

If we face the apocalypse?
Damnation alley is a great movie to watch.

So is the Bronx warriors trilogy, true classics.
Italian director Enzo Castellari did some great Post Apocalyptic movies. :)

Aye, and my fav actress. :)

Have you seen the film?
They all play realistic parts to perfection.
I know a couple of people like Squadron Leader Reggie and another like Southgate. and Miss Franks.
What makes Finney so good is that one would never guess he was a Salford lad when watching any of his performances.

The twitch from Finney's hands when he undoes Joanna Lumley's bra strap is worth an Oscar on its own. :)

Have you seen the film?
They all play realistic parts to perfection.
I know a couple of people like Squadron Leader Reggie and another like Southgate. and Miss Franks.
What makes Finney so good is that one would never guess he was a Salford lad when watching any of his performances.

The twitch from Finney's hands when he undoes Joanna Lumley's bra strap is worth an Oscar on its own. :)

not seen the film yet Paul. (But we will Ty).

My previous post referred to Julia Roberts in Erin Brockovich (and every other film she’s been in.) :)

Not a film but a deluge of images. Just been listening to Desolation Row.
If you want to get an insight into the cold fear of Mutually Assured Destruction, go to YouTube and get the bomb run sequence from Dr Strangelove. Then open another YT tab and overlay Hard Rain by Laura Marling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom