A Fistful of Dollars - now on Ch.5

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wemorgan

MB Enthusiast
Car
A205 C220d
Doubt I'll ever tire of watching it :)

sSa_cry3.gif

No Ch5 reception round here

Its superb.

I also like "A fistful of travellers cheques..."

Remember that?

It's my least favourite of the trilogy. i prefer For a Few Dollars More, then The Good The Bad and The Ugly.

Two Mules for Sister Sara is also very good, with some excellent dry humour.

The Outlaw Josey Wales gets my vote also as one of Eastwood's greats. "High plains drifter" and "A pale rider"were Eastwood learning his craft/experimenting whereas I never quite figured why "The Unforgiven " got all those Oscar nominations other than it was a western when nobody else was making them??

For a few dollars more. Now on 5 :)

Last of thr trilogy "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" is on at 9 on Ch 5 :)

Watched it quarter a century ago, can't remember I watched it. Where my memory gone?:confused:

I remember that bit about the ugly in the bathtub said if you want to shoot, shoot dont talk.

When it reached the point to blow up the bridge, it getting fantasy for Clint with the captain giving them a tour, can't accept this bit.

Sergio Leone changed the face of cinema Westerns with those 3 movies and perhaps his follow up Once Upon a Time in the West. Unfortunately they spawned a huge no of cheaply made Spaghetti Westerns ranging from mediocre to just plain awful. They brought new meaning to the skill of dubbing film dialogue into English. You could spend an entire film trying to find a moment the characters on the screen talked in sync with the soundtrack. Happy Days----Blondie??????????????;)

Almost a year later...........High Plains Drifter is on tonight Ch 5. 21:00.

Almost a year later...........High Plains Drifter is on tonight Ch 5. 21:00.

Wondering why i'd missed all these being on until i read this and noticed the date.

Watching Rocky on ITV4 though. The first one is just superb.

m.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom