A funny thing happened on the daily commute today.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Steve_Perry

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLS350CDI Grand Edition
Well it was really cloudy but hot (mid to low 20's C) and sticky today. So I had the air-con on super cold setting with air routed to all the vents.

After about 5mins of driving the front windscreen started misting up, close to where the top dash vents blow onto the very bottom of the windscreen. :eek:

"Oh Crap!" were my initial thoughts as I pondered blocked pollen filters and dodgy dehumidifiers. Then I realised that the windscreen was misting up on the outside of the car not the inside :D :rolleyes: :cool: HURAH!! hehe it was d@mned humid today, praise be to a/c. :bannana:

Phew!! Major relief too as the wiper wiped the misting away :)

Well it made me smile.

S.

Ditto,

I have gotten a frosty windscreen occasionally too!!

I was sitting in traffic this morning and I wondered why the car behind me had a misted up windscreen at the bottom, guess he had the aircon full on.

My climate control seems to blow the cold air through the face vents rather than to the windscreen when cooling which should avoid this. Steve, did you have it set to be blowing on the windscreen?

Originally posted by RichardM
Steve, did you have it set to be blowing on the windscreen?

Hi Rich,

I always have the air routed all three ways... i.e to the face vents, top dash/windscreen vent and the vents down below in the footwell. I mainly do this to get good air flow around the car and the a/c ducts.

If the weather is really sunny and extremely hot, then I'll just use the face vents so I can hog the cold breeze blowing at me.

S.

Hi Steve,

I just leave mine in auto and it seems to do a good job keeping it comfortable all year round. The cold air blowing just on my face can be a bit much sometimes though so I end up directing them away.

Rich.

Ahh you have the climate control :cool: :) I just have the air conditioner so I can set fan level, temperature and air routing/direction amongst other things but it's all done manually. There's no clever electronic brain 'playing a tune' in the background for me.

I've also never like the idea of the car's a/c ducts that spend most of their time closed off to air flow so 95% of the time I just have the air going via all 3 major routes.

Hehe either way, whether it's a/c or climate... both are bliss in this kind of hot weather. :rock:

S.

I could work out why my right elbow was stiff after driving in the S. France. Then I had it pointed out that I had cold air blowing straight onto my bare elbow, Doh!

Auto it is for me! Just pop the climate control onto "auto" and good bye uncomfortable cabin hehe

On this subject of how great air conditioning is, my car was booked in this week for the dealer to investigate an intermittent problem with the stereo. They said they would need the car for a few days (to take all the speakers out) and would arrange a loan car so I waited the 3 weeks for one to be available.

I turned up at the dealer, and they kept me waiting 3/4 hour whilst they tried to find a car for me. Eventually they found a tatty A140 and when I looked inside it didn't have air con.

I wouldn't have minded if it was just for the day (or if it wasn't one of the hottest weeks of the year) or even if I didn’t have a few hundred miles to drive. Given the amount of money I'd spent on a brand new car I wasn't impressed to be asked to drive round in that for a few days - with no air con. I asked for an alternative car they just said that’s all they had available.

I walked out after that - taking my car with me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom