A garden shed for storage

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kinaero

Car
E220CDI AMG SPORT Estate
Guys, I need to clear my garage out, could anyone recommend?

Plastic and metal ones get condensation, DIY chain wooden kits are usually poor. A good quality wood kit is just the ticket, just make sure it has a solid floor and roof, none of this chipboard/fibreboard rubbish. Also try and raise it off the ground so you get ventilation underneath.
It would help if we had a location as someone might know a company to recommend.

Based in Manchester, I was thinking someone might give me a link to their recommended companies. So i could browse thro their products.

I know that Cocklestorm in Radcliffe do them.

Don't know what the sheds are like but their fence panels are good apparently.

Don't forget whatever size you get it won't be big enough!

Don't forget , which ever one you buy you should have got the next size up!!!

We got one from Wickes 7 years ago, which has been fine so far.

I bought a plastic one from Costco some years ago and have had no problems with condensation……none. Easy to erect, nil maintenance.

I bought a plastic one from Costco some years ago and have had no problems with condensation……none. Easy to erect, nil maintenance.

My Keter one has started to show condensation after 6yrs of use.Problem seems to have gone away on it's own but i have put in some damp traps just in case
Informed keter and they seemed helpful and didn't make excuses - (although they seem surprised at the condensation ......mmm ) and the possibility of sending new panels
Still prefer plastic over wooden as it i still better for perishables
Although wooden is fine if you like spiders and rodents........

My Keter one has started to show condensation after 6yrs of use.Problem seems to have gone away on it's own but i have put in some damp traps just in case
Informed keter and they seemed helpful and didn't make excuses - (although they seem surprised at the condensation ......mmm ) and the possibility of sending new panels
Still prefer plastic over wooden as it i still better for perishables
Although wooden is fine if you like spiders and rodents........

We use a Keter plastic shed at Glastonbury Festival as an office and even though they're not built to be taken down every year it copes remarkably well often only needing 4 or 5 of the large plastic screws replacing and i have to say the customer service from Keter is excellent.
The condensation thing came from another forum i'm a member on so isn't personal experience.

Ditto. Costco also.

I'm not sure why a plastic one would suffer condensation, but mine is dry as a bone.

Thanks all!
I didn't know you could buy plastic sheds until now, initially I was leaning towards the metal ones!
Having read various reviews, it would seem that you have to drill quite a number of holes yourself, are they not pre-drilled? Or have they all got markings on, so you know where to drill?
What about security? Are these plastic sheds strong? One reviewer said the panels are very thin!! :eek:

Security? Shed? None. Secure outdoor storage needs to be concrete at least- most firms that do sectional garages also do concrete sheds. Not too dear, maintenance free, last forever. Mine is 15 years old and still like new.

plastic shed here too - small one, twinwall style construction. I use it to house chicken stuff (feed, bedding etc). Its blown over a few times, and has just 'popped' a wall. Apart from that (straps in high winds next time...) its been fine. No condensation. No rot. No paint.

Blooma 6 x 4 Brown Plastic Shed - Home Delivered, 5397007006261

Or ask a local agricultural supplier? we have mole valley farmers down here, who supply almost anything from a mars bar to a £100K tractor, and they are run as a cooperative so are quite cheap. Farmers wont buy cheap rubbish (contrary to popular myth)

Friends helped build mine 3 years ago and it was brilliant value and as secure as they can ever be.

Quite simply grooved concrete fence posts set at same width as concrete gavel board topped with a properly felted peaked roof. Floor is well laid paving slabs. If I recall it cost around £300 plus copious amounts of beer :thumb:

Thanks all!
I didn't know you could buy plastic sheds until now, initially I was leaning towards the metal ones!
Having read various reviews, it would seem that you have to drill quite a number of holes yourself, are they not pre-drilled? Or have they all got markings on, so you know where to drill?
What about security? Are these plastic sheds strong? One reviewer said the panels are very thin!! :eek:

The panels are twin wall and plenty strong enough, the roof has a galvanised metal support. There was no drilling to do on mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom