A gem of a 190E 2.6

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The Dealer Likes a Lot of Capital Letters in his Advertisements...

99,000 miles is barely run in for one of those I would've thought ;) Unusual arrangement for the AC control, where there's a "strength of AC" lever. Also the ignition is on the left of the steering column, they seem to have reverted back to that now, it's in that position in my 2020 Vito van anyway.

Very nice looking 190e 2.6 in a great colour, pearlgrau, same as my 190d.

The pre facelift w201's always seem to ride too high, particularily at the rear end for some reason. Is it on the correct springs?

Price wise looks like the dealer is trying to double their money.

Last edited:
That link shows a different vehicle :dk:
Indeed it does. Note however the price achieved at auction for a low mileage 190e 2.6 in an interesting colour (beryl) with leather.

Indeed it does. Note however the price achieved at auction for a low mileage 190e 2.6 in an interesting colour (beryl) with leather.
yes but ones a tired old car, this one is frankly like a new car with mileage

Maybe but the MOT history for the Anglia car auction £4300 190e 2.6 is as clean as a whistle. The car 3 times the price has been welded.

Both great looking cars though.

Last edited:
Maybe but the MOT history for the Anglia car auction £4300 190e 2.6 is as clean as a whistle. The car 3 times the price has been welded.

Both great looking cars though.
mm you mean it doesnt show on the MOT fails doesnt mean it has not been done tbh any merc of that age thats been used probably has been as they seemed to make them out of old tins

?? Five years older, same mileage. The dealer's looking for a mug wearing rose-tinted spectacles...

mm you mean it doesnt show on the MOT fails doesnt mean it has not been done tbh any merc of that age thats been used probably has been as they seemed to make them out of old tins
W201's are not made out of old tin cans. Wrong era. That illustrious period in Mercedes history was the late 90's to early 2000's and is usually attributed to the introduction of water based paints.
As an example my 1991 304,000 mile w201 190d has perfect original rear arches. For a 30 year old car that is about as good as it gets.

?? Five years older, same mileage. The dealer's looking for a mug wearing rose-tinted spectacles...
I’m not the biggest fan of car dealers to say the least (!) but there might not even be much profit in that at all after all expenses and haggling. Let alone if it has been properly prepped so everything is working like MTSV do.

A/C is very rare.

Last edited:
I’m not the biggest fan of car dealers to say the least (!) but there might not even be much profit in that at all after all expenses and haggling. Let alone if it has been properly prepped so everything is working like MTSV do.

A/C is very rare.
A fair point. It is not cheap replacing worn out ball joints and suspension links on a w201.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom