A Good or a Bad Thing?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

grober

MB Master
Car
W204 ESTATE
News that as of today police can now act as judge jury and executioner for certain motoring offences. The new fines are part of changes giving the police powers to issue fixed-penalty notices for careless driving. Typical will be
£100 and 3 points which might be for tailgating or lane hogging. Other on the spot fines will be £50 for failure to display your licence or giving way at a junction. Using a mobile at the wheel or not wearing a seatbelt = £100. Driving without insurance £300. £100 fine and three points for tailgating: new police powers to tackle careless drivers - Transport - News - London Evening Standard

and

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ew-police-powers-tackle-careless-drivers.html

Last edited:
Not really. You can go to court and contest if you so wish.

*Disclaimer. I've banned DM link from my PC, but would bet good money my interpretation is correct.

Shame they missed the opportunity to confiscate the phones as well as upping the fine.

We have tried to cajole,persuade,educate people to drive in a legal responsible and considerate fashion and it failed so I hope they put coppers on a bonus to do them all.
What is the point of a 3 lane M way when a tool turns it into a dual carriage way?

No change just upped the fines and gone public, they've always had these powers as I posted a while back when the changes were first proposed

Judging from what I saw on the roads today on a journey from Norwich to London this news hasn't made any difference to the majority of drivers... in fact the nice lady I saw driving the A & T electrical Distributers Merc Sprinter managed to break all of the above laws in the 5 mins she was in sight ... as well as nearly taking out another car in the process

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom