A Jolly nice drive was had!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AANDYY

Car
E300DT-W210-1997-Elegance-Azurite Metalic Blue. (Don't mention the rust, LOL) Running on WVO. 65k m
Had a nice drive out yesterday. I just love driving for the sake of it :thumb:.
We went to the North Yorkshire Moors -

We did this smallish area - <http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en...0148,-2.089462&spn=0.103125,0.219383&t=h&z=12>

I did though forget my 'proper' camera, so these picture are on the fonecam:eek:, OKish.

The route was J37 M6, hang a right towards Hawes :p, over the 'Buttertubs Pass' , not as good as I thought it would be, the smaller roads (zoom in on map and you'll see) are much better :p.

It was a very good drive out, the pictures don't do it justice, enjoy.....

Pic063.jpg

Pic064-1.jpg

Pic065.jpg

Pic068.jpg

Pic069.jpg

Pic071.jpg

Must have one with the car in !

Pic072.jpg

Pic074.jpg

I would say in parts of the Yorkshire Dales, that it is nicer than the Lake District!

Last edited:
Know that area well despite me living in Kent. My eldest daughters God Mother lived in Reeth and we used to go there frequently. A lovely, lovely part of the world and somewhere I wouldn't mind living if it wasn't for the winters.
Real, local produced PROPER Swaledale cheese is to die for and doesnt last long in my house. Trouble is its impossible to buy from anywhere except local farms. London cheese shops and Harrods sell "Swaledale" cheese. But its not the real tasty stuff.

A bit further down towards the south, say about 10-20 miles, were some lovely villages, complete with stream through the centre and little waterfall, small rapids type thing.
We ended up in Skipton at rush hour! :D The centre was grid locked, looked like all of one street, very nice.

Fantastic. Always good to see a car being used for what its meant to and being enjoyed.

Really nice pics BTW :D

Almost made me want to go back home.......almost.

good piccies. we could do with more like that to bring back a bit of pride in our country really. I do agree that some parts of yorkshire can beat the Lakes, in the same manner that some parts of Scotland are better too. Overall, Yorkshire should really be the 8th continent.

In fact Yorkshire is only spoilt by having Lancashire is its neighbour:devil:

Lancashire = Land of doom and Gloom.:doh:
Yorkshire = Gods Country.:thumb:

How, very, dare you! :D

Almost made me want to go back home.......almost.

good piccies. we could do with more like that to bring back a bit of pride in our country really. I do agree that some parts of yorkshire can beat the Lakes, in the same manner that some parts of Scotland are better too. Overall, Yorkshire should really be the 8th continent.

Yorkshire was placed there to keep the rain from Lancashire - and it can't even do that properly! :devil:

(My 3rd grandson is a Tyke. The shame! :eek:)
AdamModel.jpg

I looks lovely, but not nearly as beautiful as the countryside around south Essex!

Just think of the beautiful places like Romford, Stanford le Hope, Basildon etc.....Yorkshire's got nothing!:p

I looks lovely, but not nearly as beautiful as the countryside around south Essex!

Just think of the beautiful places like Romford, Stanford le Hope, Basildon etc.....Yorkshire's got nothing!:p

Any hills? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom