A Little Help here please..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wu56Shoozz

MB Enthusiast
You'll need a passport to get over the Wall..
Car
MB Vito 111CDi / W203 C Class Saloon 320CDi Avantgarde
Does anyone have any experience of Dutch Bailiffs to enforce a UK Court award.

Let me explain. I Had a tribunal against a company I worked for back in 2016. It finally came to ahead last year and I won - on both counts. The first round they appealed and lost, the second round went to a hearing in Glasgow whereby the company never turned up. Again, it was awarded to me. Its not for a paltry amount either its £6k! But here's where it gets interesting - both legal representations gave gone to ground and are incommunicado - I've tried to hunt them down but with no success, and I'm in no position to hire another. (I say both, my representation and the companies representation) The company doesn't talk to theirs either and mine has simply disappeared.
I have all the paperwork that says I was awarded payment and was told to find a bailiff in Holland to present my documentation and pursue this.

Has anyone experience of this or can help?

If it is economical to pursue good luck, too many companies avoiding paying out because they hope it is too expensive to engage a lawyer.

As you say 6K is not a paltry amount, give them hell!

My house contents insurance pays out if a court makes an award in my favour.
Not sure if it applies to Holland though
Jim

Household insurance LX cover usually won't respond to commercial cases, just domestic or personal ones.

Amazing how good Grober is at identifying information
Append 'aew' to his forum name and you shall see ...

Resistance Is Futile

o_O

Hi,
Before you start spending cash pursuing this company for a debt, have you confimed that they are still trading and have sufficient funds to pay you out.?
Is your judgement against a trading company or against the directors of the company?
Just so easy for a company to be liquidated and you end up in a queue with others owed cash.
Other than that, the proceedure seems easy enough using a debt collector in Holland. You just need to know what the costs are likely to be. Good news is that many Dutch people speak good English.
Good Luck

Steve

Reactions: 219
Hi,
Before you start spending cash pursuing this company for a debt, have you confimed that they are still trading and have sufficient funds to pay you out.?
Is your judgement against a trading company or against the directors of the company?
Just so easy for a company to be liquidated and you end up in a queue with others owed cash.
Other than that, the proceedure seems easy enough using a debt collector in Holland. You just need to know what the costs are likely to be. Good news is that many Dutch people speak good English.
Good Luck

Steve

Too late Steve, I'm near the end of my quest I think.. monies have been paid out already to get this far AND he's employed someone to replace me. Its against the Directors of the company.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom