A little story

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr. B

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Got up this morning at 5.30 with the intention of driving my little A45 to the Lakes District. I had decided to part company with it after 12 months and 1000 miles 😱 of ownership.
Journey took 3 hrs and arrived in Bowness at 9.30. Absolutely beautiful scenery first thing in the morning and the lake was as still as a mill pond. Me and Mrs.B were only there last weekend on the pretence of a couple of days away but truth be known I had planned to visit a dealer to get a price for the sale of my A45.
Deal done I dropped it off and now I’m sat on a train waiting for the return journey. There is only one other person on the train and he’s the village idiot and pi55ed as a fart and smells like a brewery. I’m sat on the far end of the train and he’s already engaged in aggressive conversation when I first got on.
Fear not I have my trusty walking stick and if he comes any closer he will experience the full force on the back of his head. Could be an interesting journey back to Yorkshire 😂
16346B95-9201-4155-BC52-08339EE55032.jpeg

Last edited:
It makes you wonder why folk go abroad when surrounded by great scenery in the UK.View attachment 102979
View attachment 102980
I suppose it’s the weather, beach, sea, cheap booze and food 😊
Mrs Saff and I are lucky enough to have a static caravan not too far from that area. We used to go abroad 3 or 4 times a year then we got a dog and decided to holiday in the UK. We've never regretted that decision and only came home yesterday from a few days up there. Possibly up there again tomorrow if the forecast not too bad.:)

Assuming you're not locked down

Assuming you're not locked down
Err yes indeed. So far so good though of course we missed much of this season due to lockdown so trying to make up for it now. :)

I went over to Ambleside last year on a bank holiday Monday in High season!
I went in my old SL63 bi turbo, me and the Mrs got up about 6am, roof down the quick way across the A66 from Teesside/North Yorks area, Ambleside for 7.30am, gloriously quiet, had a quick walk and a coffee, then headed back via whitescar caves to Hawes for around 11am....just before all the bikers turned up, quick leg stretch then on our way over towards leyburn, Masham,Thirsk, up Sutton bank to Helmsley for about 2pm....just as the bikers were leaving.
Then back home over past Reivaulx and Old Byland to Osmotherly and then home, roof down all day, no thrashing about and surprisingly hardly any traffic, our route and timings worked out perfectly.
Sometimes this country does work .

I went over to Ambleside last year on a bank holiday Monday in High season!
I went in my old SL63 bi turbo, me and the Mrs got up about 6am, roof down the quick way across the A66 from Teesside/North Yorks area, Ambleside for 7.30am, gloriously quiet, had a quick walk and a coffee, then headed back via whitescar caves to Hawes for around 11am....just before all the bikers turned up, quick leg stretch then on our way over towards leyburn, Masham,Thirsk, up Sutton bank to Helmsley for about 2pm....just as the bikers were leaving.
Then back home over past Reivaulx and Old Byland to Osmotherly and then home, roof down all day, no thrashing about and surprisingly hardly any traffic, our route and timings worked out perfectly.
Sometimes this country does work .
I hope you made the obligatory visit to the cheese factory / cafe at Hawes 😊

Hawes is to busy these days for my liking, not very often I go that far afield these days, just stay local and find the hidden gems.

Got up this morning at 5.30 with the intention of driving my little A45 to the Lakes District. I had decided to part company with it after 12 months and 1000 miles 😱 of ownership.
Journey took 3 hrs and arrived in Bowness at 9.30. Absolutely beautiful scenery first thing in the morning and the lake was as still as a mill pond. Me and Mrs.B were only there last weekend on the pretence of a couple of days away but truth be known I had planned to visit a dealer to get a price for the sale of my A45.
Deal done I dropped it off and now I’m sat on a train waiting for the return journey. There is only one other person on the train and he’s the village idiot and pi55ed as a fart and smells like a brewery. I’m sat on the far end of the train and he’s already engaged in aggressive conversation when I first got on.
Fear not I have my trusty walking stick and if he comes any closer he will experience the full force on the back of his head. Could be an interesting journey back to Yorkshire 😂
View attachment 102968

survived the train?

survived the train?
Yes thanks. 😊 Not been on a train for years. Funny enough I quite enjoyed the experience. Put it this way the train was actually more comfortable than the ride comfort up to the Lakes in the A45. Had to stop 3 times to get feeling back in my bum and back - too firm for a old codger 😂

Whats next then?
I don’t know to be honest. I change my mind from one day to the next. There are too many cars I like. I’m not loyal to MB so anything goes. I went to look at a C63 at Leeds over the weekend but I’m not sure I want to go down that road again. The only car I’ve stuck with over the years is the Golf TDI. Go shopping, trips to the tip, don’t worry about it getting damaged or knicked.

There is only one other person on the train and he’s the village idiot and pi55ed as a fart and smells like a brewery. I’m sat on the far end of the train and he’s already engaged in aggressive conversation when I first got on.
Fear not I have my trusty walking stick and if he comes any closer he will experience the full force on the back of his head.

I demand more details after this intriguing story twist. Did you film it?

I demand more details after this intriguing story twist. Did you film it?
😂
Nope sorry. I’m not someone who videos social media type Incidents. Looking back now though it would have been quite funny to watch but I didn’t fancy the thoughts of him trying to engage in conversation whilst smashed off his trolley, it’s bad enough with the Mrs. 😱

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom