A lot of head scratching... help please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Davycc

Car
2001 W203 C320 Elegance
Ok Peeps as some may already know my parktronic is playing up giving readings in error ORANGE bars etc. STAR says off side farthest sensor so replaced it with 3 different sensors and fault still remains. So It has to be either a wiring issue or the module. Im awaiting a replacement module but in the meantime I decided to splice into the three wires from the sensor, bypass the loom and splice back into the wires at the module.

Each group of three sensors per corner have 2 common wire ie each have a black and white and a black and yellow plus an individual wire say brown and red These wires are all at the module as well HOWEVER the slice only throws up the 2 red immediate fault.

What I have discovered is all the wires leaving the sensors are copper but at the module the corresponding wires have a heavier silver core so somewhere along the line there must be another junction of some kind.

Any wiring wizards out there that can shed some light?

pt.png

has the bracket broke, or angle of the sensor changed at all eg being hit or something.

has the bracket broke, or angle of the sensor changed at all eg being hit or something.

Alls good with the sensor fitting angle etc, even changed the socket the the sensor pushes into. Am really hoping the replacement module does the trick as the wiring has me baffled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom