A meeting of AMGs :D

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Let my GF have a go in my CLS last weekend to see what my car was like as a passenger. OMG!

One thing I really noticed is how heavy/solid it felt, you can definitely feel the extra weight over a W211.

Lol. Mrs JB won't even entertain driving my car. It's not like you have to drive it quick - it does do sedate. However, that changes nothing!

Although cornering isn't so great, the extra weight does make mine feel much more planted than other quick cars I've had.

During few the times she did have a go, I must say it feels a different animal in the passenger seat if you forget what's under the bonnet. A very nice, quiet, comfortable place to sit.

I've only been a passenger in two other E55k W211s. One at MSL (short bursts for the owner to check a s/c heat issue), and one at Vmax, where a kind member showed me that 170+ is easy in a standard one, even with a limited straight.

For a very long time I've always thought cars feel quicker as a passenger. My theory for this is you don't 'prepare' yourself for accelerating etc. when your a passenger but you seem to subconsciously adjust yourself to counter the forces of whatever driving you are doing.

I was a passenger in Daveenty's chipped 5.5 biturbo, on full chat, with Acid at the wheel.

****** 'ell :eek: would be my technical input.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom