A Merc Threesome!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex225

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLS63 AMG
Well I decided that since I had an entire day to myself I would tackle the three Mercs sitting on the drive all in need of a clean up.

The plan wash to wash the exteriors first, spray down with Valet Pro Citrus Pre-Wash followed by a wash with microfibre mitts, Dodo Juice Basics of Bling shampoo, rinsed and dried. Glass cleaned with Rain-X Glass Cleaner and tyres treated with Meguiars tyre gel. :thumb:

Interiors were vacuumed and all plastics wiped with Meguiars Interior Detailer. I found a bottle at the back of the cupboard which I forgot about, leaves a nice matt finish.

Engines were then cleaned up and plastics dressed with Chemical Guys New Look Trim Gel.

First up was the CLS63

1_zpsqxez7ynt.jpg

2_zpsno79tihn.jpg

3_zpsai8yyd8h.jpg

8_zpspbkc0dgg.jpg

4_zpsro1crglt.jpg

11_zpsxfoweoob.jpg

9_zps6pgppfwe.jpg

10_zpsohlpud0j.jpg

12_zpsov3ut6l0.jpg

6_zpstqoyrwpx.jpg

7_zps2ibyswj3.jpg

Then onto the SL350

13_zps2nqv24hl.jpg

14_zpsicmkjien.jpg

19_zpsrbadlot9.jpg

15_zpsirikyxhz.jpg

18_zpsqnm7wyld.jpg

16_zpsapaizrjj.jpg

17_zps9hfjx5eo.jpg

20_zpsfpmhhhqs.jpg

And lastly the E320 CDI, still looking surprisingly fresh as it approaches 106k!

21_zpstr94h60p.jpg

22_zpsaixzvcpu.jpg

23_zpsueicfya1.jpg

25_zpsbptxtjd7.jpg

26_zpsxq09tio7.jpg

This car is brilliantly ordinary from the outside, ideal for parking up in most places without it drawing bad attention, plus it deals with dad duties brilliantly. But this engine I still absolutely love!

24_zpstxz6xpw6.jpg

27_zps2jutxdet.jpg

28_zpsdhk7lmoe.jpg

Started just before 8am and had everything done and gear tidied away by 4pm. A well earned beer or three this evening. :thumb:

Thanks for reading.

Good work...But i think you are being a bit hard on yourself with the beer reward! I have just given mine a blast of megs ultimate quick detailer i am going to have considerably more than 3 beer's for a job well done i suggest you do the same.:D

Tony.

I think you're both underpaid. I've only looked at my Merc today and rewarding myself with a bottle of wine. :D

Haha is this thread proof that Merc drivers are alcoholics!

I'm certainly feeling the 8 hours in the sunshine though!

Hi,

Great stable of cars you have there. All look in fabulous condition.

Have to agree with you on the 3 litre Diesel engine as well. Superb.

Out of interest where did you source the number plate surround for your CLS?

Thanks

Colin

The paintwork on a 211 is very good much better than new mercs. Nano paint I think they called it.

Cars looking great.

Hi,

Great stable of cars you have there. All look in fabulous condition.

Have to agree with you on the 3 litre Diesel engine as well. Superb.

Out of interest where did you source the number plate surround for your CLS?

Thanks

Colin

Thanks mate. Yeah that diesel engine is excellent, suits the car in so many ways and good for making some decent progress.

That surround was from eBay by the way. I tried to recall the original seller but couldn't see it, it was from somewhere in Europe though. May have been this one . :thumb:

2x Pair MERCEDES-BENZ AMG license number plates frames holders surrounds | eBay

You like silver!

Not that I set out for only silver but the CLS was a car I couldn't walk away from. I wasn't worried about the E Class' colour although I didn't want black but for a daily car silver is perfect, never looks too dirty or shows up usual wear and tear. The SL again was just a nice car and in silver.

When I come to replace my E Class which ideally would be a W212 model, I'd look for what colours are around. I actually think in black and estate form they look superb!

I didn't really give the seats much thought if I'm honest but it does have a whiff of old skool about it haha. All I know is that they're really comfy and heat up, which will be a winner when the cold days come :)

Such an epic fleet - I think the CLS is stunnig in silver.

Great spec on the w211 too by the looks of it

great daily

Thanks Lenny, the CLS is definitely the keeper. I don't know how many AMG versions were in anything but silver or black when I think about it, not many!

I still need to sort the stereo on the W211, still has trouble reading discs. Seems OEM ones are pricey!

Well, a lot better response on here than over at PH. :D

No derogatory house comments on this side. :)

Haha very much so!!

PH can be such an odd place. Mainly full of normal people and then some random rude people.

I can only assume those types don't deal with society very often as if they talk as rudely face to face as on there, they'd end up getting a slap eventually! Hahahaha

Can I ask what polish and wax you use? I only ask as I've not long had my C63, which is the same colour as your fleet and as I've never really been into washing my cars until I got my MB, my knowledge of products is extremely limited. Theres too many opinions out there but you seem to know what your doing and have the same colour car as me....

Of course, happy to help if I can.

I used a mashine on the SL and some Menzerna polish but if you're just starting out don't worry about a machine polisher.

I'd get some Autoglym Super Resin Polish and some Collinite 845 wax to top that off. Great combination to apply by hand and will look great.

I'm hoping the weather holds on Sunday as I want to fully detail my E Class and protect for the winter.

Awesome, thanks for the recommendation. I'll give them a try!

Is a machine polisher easy to use? My old man and I were talking about getting one between us to see how we get on with it. There's a few work horses in the family we can practice on.

I have a DA which is a dual action polisher, basically means the plate oscillates as well as rotates. Far safe than a rotary as it's almost impossible to build up too much heat and damage the paint.

I've only used mine twice so I'm a bit of a novice to machine polishing but I was pleasantly surprised how easy it was to use. Definitely adds an extra something to the finish so I say go for it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom