A Merry Christmas to all "Mrs" Mbclub members .......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

poormansporsche

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W209
Bloody Saints the lot of you.

Maybe sexist but it's still the real world even now

Probably similar goings on in your households but It's 8.20pm on Christmas Eve and there is still cooking cleaning and wrappings going on with even less of a day off tomorrow.

Try my best to help but not so gently told to F off because more of a hindrance.

Thank god for the fantastic multi tasking skills and never ending energy because I wouldn't have a scooby :)

Would love to hear your big ups, certainly nothing wrong with letting us know how lucky you are !!!!!

As Christmas chef, I’ve been busy on all the food planning, buying and preparing. We have 8 for Christmas dinner so a mammoth task for me. Today I pealed, par-boiled and part roasted a ton of potatoes, prepared honeyed-carrots ready for roasting, and had some help from mini-TC with trimming and halving Brussels sprouts in readiness to fry with bacon tomorrow. I‘ve also created a spreadsheet to tell me what to start cooking and when. Absolutely nothing clever, I just know that lots of falling down water will be passing my lips so I need to make like as easy as possible. Like all us men, I’m totally useless at multitasking.

Meanwhile, Mrs TC has done everything else. From putting up lights outside to erecting and decorating 3 (yes, three) Christmas trees. The tree in our living room has sprouted a plethora of beautifully wrapped presents, of which I know nothing. Our dining room table is magnificently prepared in readiness for our guests tomorrow. Tasteful decorations adorn much of the house. My contribution to all this artistic creation has been to keep well out of the way. Our 8-year old daughter is far more skilled than I with such tasks.

We are indeed forever grateful to our wonderful better halves.

Merry Christmas everyone.

As Christmas chef, I’ve been busy on all the food planning, buying and preparing. We have 8 for Christmas dinner so a mammoth task for me. Today I pealed, par-boiled and part roasted a ton of potatoes, prepared honeyed-carrots ready for roasting, and had some help from mini-TC with trimming and halving Brussels sprouts in readiness to fry with bacon tomorrow. I‘ve also created a spreadsheet to tell me what to start cooking and when. Absolutely nothing clever, I just know that lots of falling down water will be passing my lips so I need to make like as easy as possible. Like all us men, I’m totally useless at multitasking.

Meanwhile, Mrs TC has done everything else. From putting up lights outside to erecting and decorating 3 (yes, three) Christmas trees. The tree in our living room has sprouted a plethora of beautifully wrapped presents, of which I know nothing. Our dining room table is magnificently prepared in readiness for our guests tomorrow. Tasteful decorations adorn much of the house. My contribution to all this artistic creation has been to keep well out of the way. Our 8-year old daughter is far more skilled than I with such tasks.

We are indeed forever grateful to our wonderful better halves.

Merry Christmas everyone.
Surely your sprouts should have been boiling for the last couple of weeks at least?
🤔

Jeez.....are some of you blokes living in the 1950s? :)
My wife laughed when I showed her this.....before going off to iron my socks for tomorrow and then pre-warm my bed....NOT!

I did say it was sexist :) I would love to do it all but it would be a £hit show and would not be allowed to in any event by the "boss". (I live in a house full of women and teenage girls and I know where my place is ............ !!!! )

My wife laughed when I showed her this.....before going off to iron my socks for tomorrow and then pre-warm my bed....NOT!
Fwiw I also disagree Alf'..
Whilst misogynistic attitudes are still prevalent ( & sometimes even legally enforced) in large swathes around our planet, I personally do not see the tone of this thread as subscribing to that bigotry.
Quite the opposite, imho.: All the threads have acknowledged the inherent awesomeness of their partners. You may see men like me who always hold a door open for the fairer sex as "dated 1950's sexists", but it is one way I can illustrate my respect the females of our species.
In this modern society women are not "responsible for all the pink tasks", however the fact is that in pretty much every household around our country, women will still be industriously toiling through the seemingly endless task known as "Xmas". Unlike the 1950's, us "modern men" can choose to muck in & help "share the work" as we sincerely believe in "equal rights". But I wonder how many of us can honestly believe they could have done it all themselves? There will be some Alf', granted, but I suspect not so many...

Lastly, as the thread appeared to start out addressing me specifically (as the forum's nom'd "bloody saint") I feel entitled to set the record straight in this matter.

Seasons greetings to all you rabble, and all your (much) better halves.. ;)

Can’t really add anything that hasn’t already been said more eloquently by those posting above. My other half’s contribution to Christmas (and indeed the rest of my life) is beyond measure and only equal to my appreciation.

Merry Christmas to the merry wives of Mercedes (owners)…

Can’t really add anything that hasn’t already been said more eloquently by those posting above. My other half’s contribution to Christmas (and indeed the rest of my life) is beyond measure and only equal to my appreciation.

Merry Christmas to the merry wives of Mercedes (owners)…
Let's face it; our other halves are totally awesome.
Primarily because they put up with us.
:thumb:

There are some beautiful comments on this thread, and it’s lovely to read.

Burdens rarely fall equally in a relationship. The one who is best placed takes the lead to ensure the greatest success and the other follows and supports.

Like others, I’m very lucky to have a better half who excels at Christmas, and she’s done a wonderful job again this year, despite having even less help from me.

We’re blessed to have the ones we love.

Thank you for starting this thread @poormansporsche it’a great idea.

This is my ‘Ro(y)le Model’. Thats me that is!!! 😁
IMG_0039.jpeg

In all seriousness. I took this thread as just giving genuine appreciation for EVERYTHING our others halves do. Mrs Ant assures me the feeling is mutual. Shes outside washing the van just now but she’ll be in soon to start Christmas dinner. 😊

Mrs Ant assures me the feeling is mutual. Shes outside washing the van just now but she’ll be in soon to start Christmas dinner. 😊
Give her a giddy-up Ant.
She's going to have to go some to get your motor DA'd and waxed before it's time to come in to do all the cooking.

Mrs Swotty has made such a fine job of donkey stoning the front step that I feel obliged to chip in with peeling a few veg today.

She needs to do the back step now ... I'll light the matches for her as it's already dark.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom