A message from the mayor!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spinal

MB Enthusiast
Car
x254, G350, Duster, S320, Mach1, 900ss and a few more
Just got this in the mail

Badly‑managed roadworks are a headache for Londoners and a drain on our economy.

I have just introduced new, tighter standards for roadworks and making it easier for you to tell us when you spot sloppy examples so we can take action to sort it out. If you drive in London, you can report sites that don’t come up to scratch at tfl.gov.uk/roadworks

TfL has pledged that all its roadworks will meet these standards. Any other organisation working on TfL’s roads will be monitored using CCTV and traffic police community support officers.

Most roads in London are managed by local boroughs, so I’m asking them to meet the standards too. Your reports will be passed directly to the relevant authority, and my team will work to ensure improvements are made.

We are getting laws put in place by next year that allow us to properly charge for working on our roads - creating a real incentive to do works with minimum disruption.

In the meantime, thank you for your help in keeping London moving.

Yours sincerely,

Boris Johnson
Mayor of London and Chairman of Transport for London

Interestingly, one of the criteria on the site mentioned is:
Always have activity on site or, if not, explain why (e.g. concrete is drying)

Has anyone else ever seen a notice on one of the thousands of empty sites?
M.

And if you spot an "inactive roadworks site" and report it to Tfl---and nothing happens--- who do you report Tfl to? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Corned cuts through the empty promises and doublespeak...

Badly‑managed roadworks are a headache for Londoners and a drain on our economy. No guano, Sherlock.

I have just introduced new, tighter standards for roadworks and making it easier for you to tell us when you spot sloppy examples so we can take action to sort it out. If you drive in London, you can report sites that don’t come up to scratch at tfl.gov.uk/roadworks where the problem will be pounced upon just like anything ever posted on no10.gov.uk/epetition.

TfL has pledged that all its roadworks will meet these standards. Any other organisation working on TfL’s roads will be monitored using CCTV and traffic police community support officers who will have absolutely no authority whatsoever to do anything about the problem.

Most roads in London are managed by local boroughs, so I’m asking them to meet the standards too. They will, of course, tell me to Foxtrot right Oscar. Your reports will be passed directly to the relevant authority, where they will be completely ignored, and my team will work to ensure improvements are made like the toothless dogs they are.

We are (****** that there's no chance of us) getting laws put in place by next year that allow us to properly charge for working on our roads - creating a real incentive to do works with minimum disruption, whist leaving you, dear taxpayer, to foot an even more obscene bill because of the additional costs.

In the meantime, thank you for foolishly believing that you have any input in keeping London moving.

Yours sincerely,

Boris Johnson
Mayor of London and Chairman of Transport for London

There. Fixed that for ya Boris...

Interestingly, one of the criteria on the site mentioned is:
Always have activity on site or, if not, explain why (e.g. concrete is drying)

Has anyone else ever seen a notice on one of the thousands of empty sites?
M.

With every fresh statement Boris proves he is what people thought...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom