A mini project (non-Merc)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex225

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLS63 AMG
Thought I'd share this as it's a bit of a detailing story. In short it's my nan's car and she's looking to get rid of it. It had the engine management light on and it panicked her and she was going to scrap it. So I've sorted that and offered to tidy it up and help her shift it.

The car only has 55k on the clock, been serviced yearly regardless and even had a new clutch about 2 years back. That said, I don't think it had been cleaned in literally years....

2VWY02a.jpg

INJP3Ki.jpg

First step which I would never normally do is get it to the nearest jet wash, I even used the brush! Shock horror. To be fair I needed to at least attempt to get the bulk of the muck off, get shot of some of that green in the cracks.

I then got it home and went at the interior, it was grim. I promise my nan's house is nothing like the interior of her car! haha

mknYjpK.jpg

35dFVX5.jpg

SCA032E.jpg

y4R5Efd.jpg

A lot of vacuuming, wiping all the plastics and then treating them brought the interior up a hell of a lot better.

u3f4IeH.jpg

flCp2KB.jpg

SVjAIqf.jpg

5yULQux.jpg

1QR5n98.jpg

Number plates were shot, so ordered a new set. Doesn't look like they'd been off the car in it's 16 year life.

aO7sl6j.jpg

zrmiE70.jpg

I then took to the exterior properly. Cleaned with my usual two bucket method, microfibre mitts and Dodo Juice Basics of Bling shampoo. Dried with microfibre towels and then just a simple once over with Dodo Juice Need for Speed. It gives it a light polish and leaves some Carnauba protection behind.

For the plastics I busted out the Chemical Guys New Look Trim Gel. This is quite an old bottle I forgot I had but it works brilliantly, a little goes a long way too.

14d98rQ.jpg

C8Rfghb.jpg

Before
Y04wd5G.jpg

After
h6wyCa2.jpg

So it came up looking pretty tidy for an old car that's not had an overly stressful life but not really had care lavished on it either.

860qNLr.jpg

hlsnC2F.jpg

The car has now had it's latest MOT (little bit of work to get it to pass) and a service ready to sell on.

QsaxhJ6.jpg

Thanks for reading! :)

Thought I'd share this as it's a bit of a detailing story. In short it's my nan's car and she's looking to get rid of it. It had the engine management light on and it panicked her and she was going to scrap it. So I've sorted that and offered to tidy it up and help her shift it.

The car only has 55k on the clock, been serviced yearly regardless and even had a new clutch about 2 years back. That said, I don't think it had been cleaned in literally years....

2VWY02a.jpg

INJP3Ki.jpg

First step which I would never normally do is get it to the nearest jet wash, I even used the brush! Shock horror. To be fair I needed to at least attempt to get the bulk of the muck off, get shot of some of that green in the cracks.

I then got it home and went at the interior, it was grim. I promise my nan's house is nothing like the interior of her car! haha

mknYjpK.jpg

35dFVX5.jpg

SCA032E.jpg

y4R5Efd.jpg

A lot of vacuuming, wiping all the plastics and then treating them brought the interior up a hell of a lot better.

u3f4IeH.jpg

flCp2KB.jpg

SVjAIqf.jpg

5yULQux.jpg

1QR5n98.jpg

Number plates were shot, so ordered a new set. Doesn't look like they'd been off the car in it's 16 year life.

aO7sl6j.jpg

zrmiE70.jpg

I then took to the exterior properly. Cleaned with my usual two bucket method, microfibre mitts and Dodo Juice Basics of Bling shampoo. Dried with microfibre towels and then just a simple once over with Dodo Juice Need for Speed. It gives it a light polish and leaves some Carnauba protection behind.

For the plastics I busted out the Chemical Guys New Look Trim Gel. This is quite an old bottle I forgot I had but it works brilliantly, a little goes a long way too.

14d98rQ.jpg

C8Rfghb.jpg

Before
Y04wd5G.jpg

After
h6wyCa2.jpg

So it came up looking pretty tidy for an old car that's not had an overly stressful life but not really had care lavished on it either.

860qNLr.jpg

hlsnC2F.jpg

The car has now had it's latest MOT (little bit of work to get it to pass) and a service ready to sell on.

QsaxhJ6.jpg

Thanks for reading! :)
Brilliant! job, Alex. :D

Bloody good work sir I get a great satisfaction from these kind of jobs.

What a transformation Alex. It looks worth buying now and its amazing what a few hours work can do.
GLWTS.

Thanks all. It’s probably only worth £800-900 but is a good little car. She was thinking of scrapping it!

Great Crimble present for your Nan, bet you are her favourite now!!!!

Excellent work

kc

That'd make a good buy for a teenager as first car, would guess you'll have little problem selling it and getting the sort of money you mention.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom