a mini trip to Mercedes Mecca - Stuttgart and Dusseldorf

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Boss

MB Enthusiast
Car
private!
so i made a quickie trip over to the promise land .. I went to Dusseldorf and Stuttgart on my way back from a wedding.. Albums on my fb page.. have a look, but coming back to my thoughts on the need to retain the trad grille in the UK, i have seen both numerous times now at 4 dif dealerships and i am totally in favour of the trad grille as per my original thinking

However, it is very very clear having spoken to residents, friends and workers in and around my travels, that Mercedes is seen as an old mans car, and the young shy away, and this is not good for business, and thus the star in the grille without all the chrome is what alot of the younger market do desire.

but they have missed the point about the mature clients and about retaining, as an option, the luxury p23 option for the trad grille on the w205 as an example.

i think this option needs to be there, as it looks bloody fantastic.

11879083_905555192848535_8330271054813010768_o.jpg

Pics of the dealerships and some stunning metal can be foun on my fb page, like or follow it as you wish guys, cheers
https://www.facebook.com/classicstar.onename.onelegend

enjoy

ps. new gle coupe was there, and its not at all bad in the metal... :)

Last edited:
As I have intimated many times before Mercedes customers in the UK are short changed on lots of options available in other markets. This varies from trim levels, to engine options [particularly petrol] to fundamental aspects of the car's visual identity such as the bonnet grille and star. One minute the UK publicity machine is banging on about old Gottlieb and "das beste oder nichts" next minute -------DER STAR IST VERBOTEN !!!:eek:
How about "der Kunde hat immer Recht " ?? :dk:

Mercedes options in the UK are getting shocking, no colour choices, silly option packs, no comfort/Elegance trim etc. etc.

The amount of older customer of mine who have been die hard Merc fans for as long as I have known them who are now in BMWs, Audis etc. is shocking.....however.....Mercedes sales figures are up and you have to look at your future markets as the old guard may only have one or two purchases left in them before they leave us.

Mercedes figures are up as they are so cheap to lease these days. I was speaking to my dealer and he said the amount of mid level buyers who are coming from the Focus/Golf market is unreal. It's actually cheaper getting into a Merc these days than other marques. Our school run is congested with lease Mercs.
I experienced a 335d Luxury spec car recently and it was lush,nicer to be in than the new C class. I am actually going to get the wife one after her current Merc.

The Boss said:
so i made a quickie trip over to the promise land .. I went to Dusseldorf and Stuttgart on my way back from a wedding.. Albums on my fb page.. have a look, but coming back to my thoughts on the need to retain the trad grille in the UK, i have seen both numerous times now at 4 dif dealerships and i am totally in favour of the trad grille as per my original thinking However, it is very very clear having spoken to residents, friends and workers in and around my travels, that Mercedes is seen as an old mans car, and the young shy away, and this is not good for business, and thus the star in the grille without all the chrome is what alot of the younger market do desire. but they have missed the point about the mature clients and about retaining, as an option, the luxury p23 option for the trad grille on the w205 as an example. i think this option needs to be there, as it looks bloody fantastic. Pics of the dealerships and some stunning metal can be foun on my fb page, like or follow it as you wish guys, cheers https://www.facebook.com/classicstar.onename.onelegend enjoy ps. new gle coupe was there, and its not at all bad in the metal... :)
I would say very nice in the flesh! 65 plate Gle coupe 450

image-2639015529.jpg

kam09 said:
i would say very nice in the flesh! 65 plate gle coupe 450

image-2192521654.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom