A Naughy Bit Of Safety Camera Work

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

developer

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Volvo V90 D5 AWD
Twice in as many months, at two separate locations I've emerged from graduation lines after the Gasto and proceeded down the road in an orderly fashion, obviously at 30mph.

Within a few hundred yards of the Gatso there has been a mobile unit, aiming their equipment at me :crazy:.

Now, rightly or wrongly, as I pass the Gatso I tend to think that's another speed trap out of the way and all is well with the world.

I think a second, more stealth based unit, immediately afterwards, is a bit underhand - do you? :dk:.

Most of the Gatso's are disabled.
The mobile ones are out to get you, either for speeding, tax or insurance. Mostly ANPC

No,not really,I along with probably most on here know the location of all the
fixed cameras in their area and as soon as past increase speed.They have wised
up to us.

It's underhand from the point of ''convenience'' yet total justified in the name of the law and ''safety'', it's such a controversial subject. Bloody annoying when you want to get a move on, but when someone speeds outside your house when your kids are playing outside (even on the pavement) you want everyone to drive past a 2 mph.

i dont condone speeding but they are devious the way they position themselves

Not directly related, but I was always curious about average speed cameras located on a stretch of road where there's Services half way through.

I suppose you could speed to your heart's content, then stop for a coffee, then speed again, without consequences?

I mean, no one would place a hidden speed trap right along an average speed cameras stretch?

Snidy feckers only there to ramp up some revenue. Safety cameras my ****. Money making devices more like.

Used to be worse in Bavaria. Privateers could buy the appropriate bit of kit, register with the local plod and (as was in my case) park up under 30 kmh signs in small villages lie down in the car and let the camera earn him his money. I believe it stopped when the police discovered that they were being ripped off by privateers who had tried to bill them for days they couldn't possibly have 'worked'!

Not directly related, but I was always curious about average speed cameras located on a stretch of road where there's Services half way through.

I suppose you could speed to your heart's content, then stop for a coffee, then speed again, without consequences?

I mean, no one would place a hidden speed trap right along an average speed cameras stretch?

Must admit to thinking one's speed is determined between each pairs of cameras, not over the total distance of the enforcement? So long as there are two cameras before and two after the services, you'll get done? Twice?

Underhand? As underhand as speeding in a 30mph zone? At least what the police are doing is legal. For as long as motorists will speed in 30mph zones (putting others - never themselves - at risk) then the police will continue to police. Maybe though, if they raise some revenue, there'll be some money to buy some books for the new £200m library that currently has none.

And maybe they may start to bother their ar$e to actually do some policing when your car or house has been broken into:

Police 'only investigate burglaries at even-numbered homes' - Telegraph

The latest suggestion is no home visits from the police at all (irrespective of odd or even house number). Instead, the burgled will e-mail the police with a list of the items stolen. How quite that can be achieved when all the 'devices' have been stolen no one has as yet elaborated on - because it hasn't even dawned on them?

Must admit to thinking one's speed is determined between each pairs of cameras, not over the total distance of the enforcement? So long as there are two cameras before and two after the services, you'll get done? Twice?

I used to drive down the A2/M2 quite frequently, some years ago they had roadworks on the westbound stretch lasting several months, during which time the speed was limited to 50mph. There was one averag speed camera at the start, one at the end, and a Petrol station bang right in the middle...

Oh yes they would, M1 Southbound past Woodhall services in the middle of a 50 mph average speed camera zone that goes on for 21 miles. Directly after the services they park the camera van to catch those giving it beans out of the services and breaking the 50 mph limit when they hit the carriageway.

A few years back a couple of brave souls thinking they were smarter than the law removed their number plates and sped past a recently installed speed camera. The police zoomed in on the pics and found the car's registration number etched on the rear screen. You can guess what then ensued....

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Brilliant, reminds me of the cop car scene in American Graffiti -

[YOUTUBE]CgZTVkjQwto[/YOUTUBE]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom