A "new" 124 joins the family

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mattc

MB Enthusiast
Car
Audi A4, 1994 E320 Coupe, 1995 E300 estate
When Andy K put his 95 estate up for sale I jumped at getting it for Natalie purely because it has heated seats and she has been spoilt driving mine recently (i.e. I want mine back!!). Natalies Bornite estate is now the new works vehicle for 124 works and everyone is happy.

Had a minor incident driving it home (exhaust parted company - in fairness to Andy he had warned me it was on it way out - but i think we both thought it would last the journey back to Brum) but just put the rear section in the boot and had a noisier onward journey:D

The slight misfire was cured with a quick visit up to 124 Works where a dodgy coil pack on 1 + 6 cylinders was diagnosed and No 6 cylinder is now working for its keep again. Whilst up there we did a quick pressure test and all were around 11.5 so the engines still tight after 195K miles.

I have to say the 5 speed box is very very smooth; the changes are even better than my coupe which is nice. I am amazed it still works so well after all the work it has done.

So a big up to Andy K and Ian Walker - another 124 lives on with a new owner who will look after her.

A bit of a detour to get home...a Satnav for Christmas is it.?

who needs SatNav when I have inbuilt MattNav!!!

p.s. Went up to Ians on a different day;)

Just cleaned the interior - 4 weeks of Junior B biscuit crumbs, half eaten grapes, toys jammed in every recess.... came up like new.. :)

Managed to fix the driver's seat belt floor spring as well.. gotta love the 124

Ade

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom