A new COUPE rival to Mercedes.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My god that is stunning!
Isn't the back a little bentleyesque?

Last edited:
That big mouth at the front looks so coarse and ugly IMO. Like the Peugeots. Pity.

Ignoring 4x4 options, the first major feature of top luxury cars has long been the classic front engine, rear drive layout as epitomised by Mercedes, BMW, Rolls, Bentley, Aston Martin, Jaguar and so on.

In the next rung down on the luxury ladder come Audi, VW, Saab, Volvo and so on with front engine, front drive as their standard set-up. (Same as normal cars like Astras, Fiestas and so on).

Then there is ride. In a luxury car occupants should barely be aware of all the awful imperfections in UK roads. They should waft along as though on a magic carpet. Try an S class or the Elegance version of the E class. Magic. Then try an Audi. It's like being in the back of a brick lorry.

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

It's a longitudinal engined car with 4x4 drive and near 50/50 weight distribution with the engine moved back in the chassis just like a Bentley.Quite clearly superior to the C-Class in build quality inside and out.

If you remove the grill it has a few American muscle design cues.

If you think an Aston Martin or a current BMW 5 series with large wheels has a good ride you've quite clearly never driven one ! There's a big difference between a luxobarge and a
sporting drive.

adam

Last edited:
Why didnt they just rebadge the new BMW 3 series coupe instead? Audi are a bunch of robbing ba$tards!

And thats just the S5, imagine the RS version!!:eek:

Also, I saw posted that Audi have a harsh ride, in my experience this is not true. My father in law has a current 3 series, and we have a W210 and my A6 rides better and seems to insulate you more from road noise than both of them.

I like it

Awful, aggresive, move over look that does nothing to improve motoring psychology. I have had 4 Audi's in my time and always found them to be excellent cars, except for a little uncertainty in tight corners. This one though is not for me.

Blitzkrieg !!!

Awful, aggresive, move over look that does nothing to improve motoring psychology.

Does this mercedes in your rear view mirror say?

1. I say---- would you possibly mind--- if its not too much trouble---hate to ask---but could you possibly----just move into the middle lane----just for a second or two ---you understand-----thanks awfully.:) :)

2. DUMKOFF!!!! MOVE OVER YOU " @**$£%" YOU ARE BOCKING MY PATH !
I AM ABOUT TO INVADE POLAND!!!! :devil: :devil:;)

ps-- BD agreed, I don't like the new Audi front much either . Without the number plate to break up that outline it would look terrible. Rather like the overall look tho but need to see its overall size to pass final judgement. Supposed to to be A4 floorpan based but longer more A6 length.

Last edited:
Does this car in your rear view mirror say?

1. I say---- would you possibly mind--- if its not too much trouble---hate to ask---but could you possibly----just move into the middle lane----just for a second or two ---you understand-----thanks awfully.:) :)

That's what it must be like when driving with Hugh Grant.

Does this mercedes in your rear view mirror say?

2. DUMKOFF!!!! MOVE OVER YOU " @**$£%" YOU ARE BOCKING MY PATH !
I AM ABOUT TO INVADE POLAND!!!! :devil: :devil:;)

ps-- BD agreed, I don't like the new Audi front much either . Without the number plate to break up that outline it would look terrible. Rather like the overall look tho but need to see its overall size to pass final judgement. Supposed to to be A4 floorpan based but longer more A6 length.

You got it.

I think Mercedes Truck changed the design of their lorries some years ago to provide a more 'friendly' profile.

But my personal driving style is incompatible with this type of (Audi) look.

2070224.001.mini2L.jpg

roewe750e_01.jpg

What was that non-pc phrase used to describe the Chinese?

The new EU rules on pedestrian crash safety are causing these high bonnet lines.There will not be any more volume cars with low profile fronts.

adam

To me, the styling features are drawn from both BMW (mainly) and Mercedes (less so). Apart from the grille, the overall design has little in common with current and previous Audis.

What I like about the design is that it doesn't look obviously "I am somewhere between an A4 and an A6".

To be honest, if you had have told me that it was the new competitor to the Bentley GT or the Merc CL, I would have believed it.

The new EU rules on pedestrian crash safety are causing these high bonnet lines.There will not be any more volume cars with low profile fronts.

How does that work with Porsche, Ferrari, Lambo., etc. or even 'volume' sports cars like the MX5, SLK, etc.?

How does that work with Porsche, Ferrari, Lambo., etc. or even 'volume' sports cars like the MX5, SLK, etc.?

Ian cullum the designer of the new Jag XKR has defended the rather blunt front end of that car citing the new rules.It doesn't apply to the likes of Morgan but I'm sure Porsche must comply.Maybe someone has a link with more info.My understanding is that it's voluntary but all the brands marketing on safety will comply.

adam

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom