A new MB alloy wheel is HOW MUCH??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

E63S

Car
Mercedes E63S
I kerbed an alloy the other day, and took it to a place where they told me it would be a 1.5 day job, and about £170 to fix.

As it’s the front passenger side wheel, and prone to kerbing, I thought it might be a good idea to buy a spare, and have them on rotation.

I called the local MB dealership, who took my reg, and then proceeded to tell me that a spare alloy, without tyre, would be £1,050! I had to ask to make sure he heard that I only wanted one, and he confirmed that was just for one. Blimey, I thought to myself.

Sounds right. It'll be more for bigger wheels of course (£6k for a set of 4)

The solution is to use a top quality refurbisher because, trust me, you're going to kerb those low profile wheels regularly.

The forged 19” wheels on the older 212 E63S (and the earlier 212 E63 models) are about £5.5k a set - circa £1400 a piece so for £1050 a piece on the newer model they’re either a bit of a bargain (if forged) or more than likely are cast alloy?

As Mike says you need to find an excellent wheel refurbisher, and maybe look out for a spare set of wheels as I expect you’ll pay a similar price for a full set used as you would for a single wheel from MB.

You can bet if you don’t, you’ll buckle or crack one some day and be stuck paying that £1000+ for a single rim!

Sadly that doesn’t shock me although if is bloody expensive!

I have an RS Twingo with diamond cut wheels. A replacement one of those is £425 and that’s a 17” Renault wheel!!!

I recently ventured into the world of aftermarket alloys to accompany my winter tyres. set of 4... gbp 600 all in. haven't curbed any yet, so not sure how strong they are but they are light and can handle a decent load and they come with the usual certifications e.g. VIA
View media item 8121View media item 8118

I kerbed an alloy the other day, and took it to a place where they told me it would be a 1.5 day job, and about £170 to fix.

As it’s the front passenger side wheel, and prone to kerbing, I thought it might be a good idea to buy a spare, and have them on rotation.

I called the local MB dealership, who took my reg, and then proceeded to tell me that a spare alloy, without tyre, would be £1,050! I had to ask to make sure he heard that I only wanted one, and he confirmed that was just for one. Blimey, I thought to myself.

Or learn to park properly.....:).

One way to go about it, is buy a second-hand wheel from eBay (hopefully you can find one), have it refurbished then keep it as spare.

My spare is a full size alloy identical to the four other wheels (though my 16" wheels are much cheaper than yours).

It's probably a good idea keeping an eye on ebay and find a spare that way. It'll be a lot less than dealer pricing for sure.

It's probably a good idea keeping an eye on ebay and find a spare that way. It'll be a lot less than dealer pricing for sure.
Same advice would pretty much include any part you need for your car!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom