A New Noise

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bostonmj

Car
SL350 but miss my SL500
Only recently had some major work to the front and rear suspension of my R230 then lubricated all of the roof seals to silence any last squeaks and now I have a noise coming from behind me.

Only 3 weeks ago the rear suspension had new arms fitted by the MB MD so I would have thought that if the mechanic had seen anything requiring changing he would have told me!

I just took the car into a garage and asked them to check the exhaust mountings but as I thought, no problems there!

I drove down the road with the roof down but still heard the noise when going over bumps - that’s the roof ruled out!

The sound is not a banging from excessive wear on the bushes etc, it can come from behind my left and right shoulder at the same time but can be one of the other. Sounds like a rattle / scratching noise and it’s doing my head in!

Any ideas before I go back to the MD and try to explain a noise?
:dk:

Loose baffle in the tank is quite a common one.

Trying to persuade myself that it cant be the rear suspension, but my mind keeps going back to that however, I cant understand how it could suddenly have another fault and be on both sides? My knowledge of prop/drive shafts is a metalic clunking so me things no problems there.

Listening to the noise, its more of a creaking!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom