A New Pink Floyd Album

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Oh happy days ! :bannana:

Can't wait , hope it's not just an album of out takes , the division bell took years to grow on me. I remember buying it the day it was released and thinking 'meh' :eek:

".....the music for the new album, titled ‘Endless River,’ is being culled from 1994 recording sessions."

So not exactly new work then.

".....the music for the new album, titled ‘Endless River,’ is being culled from 1994 recording sessions."

So not exactly new work then.

If it's unreleased material, it's new to the ears - that's good enough for me :thumb:.

I guess that the title of the 'new' album is referring to work from the old.

The words 'endless river' feature in High Hopes , the last song on The Division Bell.

I'd rather it didn't have any Roger Waters contribution. What he did in sacking Rick Wright was awful and I'll never forgive him for that.
Funny thing is, that after Rick's sacking he became a hired employee and was the only one to make any money out of The Wall tour. :bannana:

David Gilmour... What can I say. :cool:

I'd rather it didn't have any Roger Waters contribution. What he did in sacking Rick Wright was awful and I'll never forgive him for that.
Funny thing is, that after Rick's sacking he became a hired employee and was the only one to make any money out of The Wall tour. :bannana:

David Gilmour... What can I say. :cool:

Totally agree.

Scary...I just finished listening to "Wish you were here" on LP, then I see this thread!!

Can't wait , hope it's not just an album of out takes , the division bell took years to grow on me. I remember buying it the day it was released and thinking 'meh' :eek:

I thought the same, now it's one of my favourite Floyd albums.

As much as I dislike what Waters did, I think Pink Floyd's best stuff came with he and Gilmour working 'together', whatever that involved.

I'll give it a listen, no doubt about that, but I'm not getting too excited over material that wasn't considered good enough twenty years ago.

I should pop down to Astoria ( 1 mins walk from my house ) and see if I can collar DG lol

Seriously , the amount of time I have spent sitting by the river at Garricks Temple , or cruising past in boats , trying to catch a glimpse of my hero ...... :rolleyes:

I should pop down to Astoria ( 1 mins walk from my house ) and see if I can collar DG lol

Seriously , the amount of time I have spent sitting by the river at Garricks Temple , or cruising past in boats , trying to catch a glimpse of my hero ...... :rolleyes:

I'd do anything to meet him. My life would then be complete.
He's the coolest guy on the planet. Even if he couldn't play the guitar, he'd still be a top bloke.

Oh, and Guy Pratt is a better Bassist the Waters. :rock:

Coming from the other direction, as I walk down to where Astoria is moored I'll give a little wave as I pass Monksbridge, where DG lived in the eighties.

My friend Sally has a great story , her dad is a session musician and one day in the early nineties we'd all been out for a drink , she got home and heard her dad playing in the basement of their house.

She goes down there , this is about midnight , and her dad and another guy are jamming guitar and just generally chilling out.

Her dad says 'Hi Sal , this is Dave' , she says 'Hi Dave' and Says she's tired and goes off to bed.

She tells me this the following week and under interrogation , it comes to light that her dad is pals with the legend himself and Sally didn't even realise who he was in the basement that night as she'd never met him before !

Doh ! :crazy:

Coming from the other direction, as I walk down to where Astoria is moored I'll give a little wave as I pass Monksbridge, where DG lived in the eighties.

I'm just behind Garricks Villa :thumb:

I guess that the title of the 'new' album is referring to work from the old.

The words 'endless river' feature in High Hopes , the last song on The Division Bell.

Division Bell is fab - I'd be happy with more of the same.

I'd do anything to meet him. My life would then be complete.
He's the coolest guy on the planet. Even if he couldn't play the guitar, he'd still be a top bloke.

Oh, and Guy Pratt is a better Bassist the Waters. :rock:

Agree

BTW Gilmour is a better basist than Waters too! Often stepped up in the studio when Roger couldn't be bothered to turn up!

I may buy the new album ....one of these days !!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom