A New Year Treat - the 350 GT Lambo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

grober

MB Master
Car
W204 ESTATE
Following the interest in the Interceptor thread another little treat for New Year 2017 . :cool:
Jay Leno and the 1965 Lamborghini 350 GT - Jay Leno's Garage
https://youtu.be/UFxymrYj9FQ
[YOUTUBE HD]UFxymrYj9FQ[/YOUTUBE HD]

He also did one on the 400GT. During the clip the owner makes reference to his treatise on how to rebuild your Giotto Bizzarrini V12 link here:-
enjoy :cool:- Rebuilding the 400 GT Motor by Jack Riddell

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamborghini_V12

the guys From left to right: Giotto Bizzarrini, Ferruccio Lamborghini and Gian Paolo Dallara at Sant'Agata Bolognese in 1963, with a Lamborghini V12 engine prototype. note the vertical carbs changed later side orientation to fit under the bonnet of the GT
Bizzarrini_Lamborghini_Dallara.jpg

https://youtu.be/ngEycqOO91A

[YOUTUBE HD]ngEycqOO91A[/YOUTUBE HD]

Last edited:
This Lamborghini Jarama was in for re-trimming at Jerry's recently. Ignoring the unusual bonnet support of a broom, nothing gets the blood stirring quite as much as the sight a quad cam V12 with sextuple twin Webers - except the sound!

webers_zpsaitzg4oo.jpg

This Lamborghini Jarama was in for re-trimming at Jerry's recently. Ignoring the unusual bonnet support of a broom, nothing gets the blood stirring quite as much as the sight a quad cam V12 with sextuple twin Webers - except the sound!

webers_zpsaitzg4oo.jpg

I regard these early cars/ engines as works of art in the best Italian tradition. An indulgence, a vision of perfection commissioned by a rich patron, where expense was never a limitation. An ultimate expression of form and function. It had to be the best in its field with the technology available at the time wrought by an established artist in the field. Testiment to its original design was that it was to last almost 50 years in production in its various forms. Iconic is indeed appropriate in this case . :cool:

Yes, a great fusion of engineering, craftsmanship and artistry. Engine building as a form of art, visual and aural, is at one extreme end of the spectrum. Now everybody is capable of it with contemporary computerised design but there is something extra special about an engine built with more than utility and the cost accountant in mind.

Nick Froome was telling me the other month about the ultimate in Modenese engine building and craftsmanship, the V16 (well, two V8s in a single block) of the Cizeta V16T.

Last edited:
^^^^ Is it wrong that I absolutely love that :eek::crazy::cool:

Not at all, it's brilliantly of its period.

Graeme, the designer of the Countach Marcello Gandini penned the design, originally as the Lamborghini Diablo, but Chrysler annoyed him by heavily changing it, so he decamped to Cizeta and used it there. So there's more than a hint in there - it is growing on me very fast!

The 400GT really does resemble the body of a Jensen CV8 on to which the cockpit of a DB4 has been put. Engine sounds wonderful though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom