A nice straight forward detail...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex225

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLS63 AMG
I thought since it's a dry day, I'd give the E a bit of tidy up since the harsh weather hasn't quite hit yet.

The car had done about 1,000 miles since the last wash so was in need. Started off with the wheels. Quick spray down with Autoglym Clean Wheels. I don't usually opt for wheel cleaners but had this left. Quick spray on, brushed and rinsed.

LV5dp9u.jpg

This is before I started. Not bad but not clean enough.

oEVyTgs.jpg

I decided on Dodo Juice products being the order of the day so gave the bodywork a once over with the usual two buckets, microfibre mitts and their Basics of Bling shampoo.

nLURdNi.jpg

Once cleaned and dried, I opted for a once over with Need for Speed. This is essentially a polish that leaves behind a layer of Carnauba wax.

CI3gwbf.jpg

Despite the being able to use NFS as a stand alone product, it does leave a nice finish for a wax to be applied. I have a couple of 30ml panel pots of Dodo Juice Hard Candy so gave the car a layer.

oiKxCe8.jpg

You'd think with the car being pretty big and the pot of wax pretty small it wouldn't last, actually there's still plenty left after a coat. I'd genuinely expect another 3-4 coats out of a pot.

waYoPnr.jpg

Finally the wheels received a quick layer of Red Mist, which is a spray on sealant. It lasts a few weeks on paintwork but held off applying it to the freshly waxed panels.

21EZ8h0.jpg

So here you go, a shiny protected W211! :)

tsjLpqq.jpg

vKeEXIs.jpg

htKPKa4.jpg

Pj8GuRT.jpg

vbOmOZQ.jpg

fZzoMeO.jpg

Added a little window clinger as well, since it was quite fitting!

Nd8PZgB.jpg

Just about had time to give the other half's CLS a clean before the light eventually vanished.

j8juV64.jpg

Yep, gotta agree looks great.

... What do you mean before the harsh weather hits...?
Oh yeah I forgot here in Scotland seems to be the only part of the UK where for 4 months of winter the sh1te they throw down on the roads keeps them filthy and everything that drives on them for that whole time!!
It's harsh up here already sadly. Roll on the spring.

Last edited:
Haha yeah us Southerners haven't really had much coldness to speak of. Well a bit of frost a few weeks back but really nothing more than that.

They having been caking the roads in nasty salt to much of an extent yet!

Haha yeah us Southerners haven't really had much coldness to speak of. Well a bit of frost a few weeks back but really nothing more than that.

They having been caking the roads in nasty salt to much of an extent yet!
... They take every opportunity up here, it so frustrating.
Nuff said about that the better. ;)

. . I was going to ask if you'd thought about restoring the headlights.

Haha they're always on the agenda. I did actually give them a coat of the Meguiars headlight restorer in the summer. Was a bit of a rush job though so will give them a proper polish and coat in the spring.

It looks fabulous. . . . . pay no attention ! :rolleyes:

Looks like a great job! You're making me feel guilty about not washing mine.

And so you should!! hahaha

To be honest, I try and do the cars regularly but my other half's CLS had been about two months. It happens and this weather doesn't help. Have to check the forecast and hope if there's a dry spell they've got it right! :)

Looking great as usual ;)

I'll get onto those again in the spring, damn things haha.

This is a before and after from back in the summer but this was literally just a coat of Meguiars headlight coating. Needs a proper wet sand and polish next time and reapply.

FlkHUjl.jpg

Well, I decided to get out again and give the E a second coat of Hard Candy wax. Quick wash and second coat should last the rest of winter now, will top up with Dodo Juice Red Mist next wash so the wax will be fully cured by then.

Great beading from these Carnauba products....

KwAJpYP.jpg

iUum5Es.jpg

P2RXGuQ.jpg

IklMBjA.jpg

Who says you can't get a proper shine from silver!

6M3vmnG.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom