A non rusty 210??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

merc85

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
CLK 500
The holy grail lol

The holy grail lol

Looks minty. I wonder what it looks like behind the jacking point covers. The pic of the tyre looks a bit damaged / perished as well. 210 cockpits are a great place to while a way the miles.

Last edited:
Im not a fan 210's but that just looks lovely, Definitely make a concourse contender with a little bit of work :)

Lets face it you wouldn't want to drive it in the winter ;)
If you check the mot history there is almost a decade of test results where an advisory for exhaust is rusty are present. :D

I wonder if it has been changed yet. My s210 is still on an original Mercedes exhaust system at 18 years old.

Looks minty. I wonder what it looks like behind the jacking point covers. The pic of the tyre looks a bit damaged / perished as well. 210 cockpits are a great place to while a way the miles.

Looks well worth the £4k, "if" you want a mint low mileage W210, and "if" it starts and runs OK - although it's sure to need work to bring it up to normal running standards: liquids, filters, rubbers, brakes, lubrication, yada, yada...

Tyres? Apologies in advance if I've read this wrong, but is that a February 1995 date stamp on the balloons on this 2001 motor?

If it's a Harwich dealer, does this mean it's a Seaside car ?

s-l1600.jpg

Put that on a lift, the horror of tin worm will be revealed along with suspension sub frame issues.

Taking your car for mot with cord exposed on tyre does not make for careful ownership.

selling it with duff tyres,even worse.

Look at the state of that tyre at the 5 o'clock position, huge gash out of it.

No such thing as a rust free W210 (unless in MBs archives) :)

Looks well worth the £4k, "if" you want a mint low mileage W210, and "if" it starts and runs OK - although it's sure to need work to bring it up to normal running standards: liquids, filters, rubbers, brakes, lubrication, yada, yada...

Tyres? Apologies in advance if I've read this wrong, but is that a February 1995 date stamp on the balloons on this 2001 motor?

If it's a Harwich dealer, does this mean it's a Seaside car ?

s-l1600.jpg
Looks like 01/15 to me?

Not sure those Pirelli’s (P7?) were around 26 years ago either - *cough* thought you knew all about their heritage Mike? :p

The Cinturato P7 was introduced in 2009, and a new version of it this year, apparently. The Cinturato name has been in use a lot longer; I can recall them from way, way back, and apparently the name was first used in 1963!

Looks like 01/15 to me?
Not sure those Pirelli’s (P7?) were around 26 years ago either - *cough* thought you knew all about their heritage Mike? :p
You're right, it's 0115. I was reading it wrong. So just five year old tyres.

I had Cinturato P7's on my Scirocco Storms in the late 70's / early 1980's.

The Lancia Stratos was first to use the P7's in the 1970's, followed by the 911 Turbo, the Dino, the Countach and then little GTI engined Sciroccos.

In the late Seventies they raced Sciroccos on P7's in the "Scirocco Junior Cup" - cheap junior racing to exploit the new GTI tech.

Mk1-Volkswagen-Scirocco-Storm.jpg

Last edited:
You're right, it's 0115. I was reading it wrong. So just five year old tyres.

I had Cinturato P7's on my Scirocco Storms in the late 70's / early 1980's.

The Lancia Stratos was first to use the P7's in the 1970's, followed by the 911 Turbo, the Dino, the Countach and then little GTI engined Sciroccos.

In the late Seventies they raced Sciroccos on P7's in the "Scirocco Junior Cup" - cheap junior racing to exploit the new GTI tech.

Mk1-Volkswagen-Scirocco-Storm.jpg
What pretty little cars Scirocco Mk1's were. For any film buffs out there you may remember they had a starring role in a certain Zombie movie. Had a Scirocco Scala Mk2 and a Corrado in the early 2000's. Great cars.

They were a nice cockpit to sit in, and the 2.6 M112 is very smooth engine but lacks low down torque unless its revved which doesnt really suit a 210 drive , they really suit the 3OO diesel lump or the 320CDI lump, but rusting is the danger, it would be alright if garaged and you only drove it when it wasnt raining

I recently spotted an E320 CDI W210 estate outside a shop and it looked like a brand new car! I done and MOT check and it had done just over 30k! I was tempted to wait for the owner and ask him/her of they'd sell it :D
I can't remember the last time I saw a diesel w210 with that kind of mileage or as clean as that e class was
This green one looks nice in the pics but the one I spotted, I doubt it had any rust underneath.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom