A perfect example of how the UK views recycling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

flango

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
Mercedes SLK R171
Unbelievable and not the fisrt time this has happened China and India also have complaints against the UK.

Full story HERE

Perhaps the title of the thread should read "How UK companies will stoop to any depth to increase profits".

How about this - I've spent the best part of the last couple of weeks in an organisation where various offshore companies are "consulting" on introducing more efficient practices. Said organisation has no intention of offshoring but, in the words of the CEO, it's free motivation for the UK workforce.

Shame I've got to go and deal with that scumbag again next week (and no offence to our erstwhile companion on here :) ).

Recycling all part of the 'Greenwash' that some people have fallen for.

Perhaps the title of the thread should read "How UK companies will stoop to any depth to increase profits"

"The companies were set up in 2007 by Andre De Oliveira and Julio Da Costa, two Brazilian immigrant workers who had arrived in Britain six years ago as building labourers"

So Brazilians export to Brazil.

Appaling but nothing to do with recycling, this is all about finding the cheapest place to dump our rubbish.

Shipping for recycling is equally bizarre though often with the total fuel consumption used in moving materials for recycling 'round this country and abroad easily outweighing any energy saved in reusing them.

the councils are at it as-well. we don't have the recycling infra-structure to deal with the amount recycled. I'm not sure the exact figures but it's more than 75% of rubbish we intend to be recycled is shipped over seas and dumped in a landfill in some third world country.

TESCO :ban:actually make a profit out of their cardboard recycling. :rolleyes:

They wait until the deliveries are unpacked and then put all of the cardboard in to a huge HGV and get paid for it. :rolleyes:

The recycling from households in the UK costs the taxpayer a fortune.

But then, if we are seen to be doing the right thing.... :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom