A Plea..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

whitenemesis

MB Club Veteran
SUPPORTER
Car
Lexus RX450h F-Sport with Takumi Pack 2020
Could any one here help?

Must be someone in the south that can help out?
Should this topic not be in the General area as it is Mercedes related and might be missed here?

If someone can help I'm sure we could all donate towards fuel costs....... :cool:

I pledge a tenner for this, can anybody collate the collection of money to pay for fuel. Not a lot but a bit skint so all I can afford at the mo.

I'm up North so anyone southerly want to organise?

I'm going to call him today, but I don't want any petrol money if he wants me to do it.
However, does anyone know if my back seats fold completely flat?? I've never tried it before...I don't want to get to calling him and then find out the seats won't go all the way down :-/

Yes jadefox, they will if you pull up the seat cushoins first and fold the headrests back. The lower seat cushions will only go verticle if the front seats are far enough forward. Will that give enought length?

Last edited:
Yes jadefox, they will if you pull up the seat cushoins first and fold the headrests back. The lower seat cushions will only go verticle if the front seats are far enough forward. Will that give enought length?

Not sure, but I can sure as heck give it a go - it might mean driving with my knees up around my armpits - but I'd do that in order to do this guy a favour.
My usual driving position is quite far back, I have long legs...will give it a go later and then phone him.
Thanks for the info...

I've just spoken to him, what a lovely guy. I've given the dimensions of the car, but to be honest, i'm not hopeful that the coffin (in the shape of an Aston Martin - how lovely - what a way to go!) will fit inside, he's going to get back to me.
Trouble with the estates in the c-class is they narrow towards the middle which is a bit of a pain, he may need an E-class....I can but try.

Edit: just spoken to him again, looks like we are good to go.

Last edited:
I've just spoken to him, what a lovely guy. I've given the dimensions of the car, but to be honest, i'm not hopeful that the coffin (in the shape of an Aston Martin - how lovely - what a way to go!) will fit inside, he's going to get back to me.
Trouble with the estates in the c-class is they narrow towards the middle which is a bit of a pain, he may need an E-class....I can but try.

Edit: just spoken to him again, looks like we are good to go.

Thats why this forum is so great, someone is after help in times of distress and in just over 12 hours some of the members on this forum have it sorted. Makes me proud to be involved with such a great, kindhearted group of people, Thanks guys :) (and gals)

Last edited:
Hi

sounds like you're sorted. If i was a little closer i would gladly of done it in the W124 but its too far with me being in Scotland.

Well done for helping this guy out. I hope that everything goes as well as it can.

Derek

Last edited:
Well done guys brilliant forum for everything you should all be very proud nothing is too much trouble I am lost for words.
Norman

Thank you, but really guys - it's nothing. I would gladly do this for any of you without question, or need for thanks.
I would hope that someone would do the same for me (god forbid) if I needed it.
I just hope that the guy and his family can find comfort in the fact that his son got one of his wishes fulfilled...that does for me.

Guys, I'm happy to pay for the fuel - please PM me! I don't know what's the status of "£10 collection pledge" but that could cover other travel expenses (food etc). Just got small bonus so might contribute somehow...

Cheers
Chris

Well done Jadefox, glad someone is able to help.

Not wishing to guild the lily but as the little fella was obviously a fan of the marque, how about a small parade of Mercedes (from the local area) in the entourage (with the fathers permission of course).

That's terribly sad. A parent's worse nightmare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom