A pleasant evening - it was just after that was bad!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gollom

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
S204 C220CDi Sport ED125 (Mr) Kia Picanto Domino 1.1 (Mrs)
Few drinks with friends so stayed over with someone in Leeds (60 miles from where I live). Heard what sounded like gunfire in my dreams at about 1am

Up at 7, teeth brushed, brew drunk and out to car. Car (no damage) is slap bang in middle of a police cordon as the gunfire was real!! Been sat here all day awaiting SOC, ballistics before they will let me take the car. No information, just told I would have to wait. Good news is that I have fixed my friends computer!

Why does it take till after 2pm for them to turn up? There were no deaths so guess not as important? They are out there now but not a lot seems to be happening. I respect what they have to do and what a tough job it is but be but to be told "no idea of timescales, you will just have to wait" is more than a little frustrating!

That will teach you to go to Yorkshire without your flat cap and whippet.

Par for the course in Leeds isn't it ?

Are there any bullet holes in the car ? :cool:

Why does it take till after 2pm for them to turn up? There were no deaths so guess not as important? They are out there now but not a lot seems to be happening. I respect what they have to do and what a tough job it is but be but to be told "no idea of timescales, you will just have to wait" is more than a little frustrating!

They were possibly delayed because of another job earlier, and while it appears nothing is happening they may be delayed while waiting on information from elsewhere.
How do you know there were no deaths or serious injuries, just asking as what may be apparent at the scene isn't always what is the case if someone is injured and in hospital.

It's easy for a case to collapse if insufficient evidence isn't gathered at a serious crime scene, which is both annoying and unfair for victims.

We have similar problems up here , largely since the scenes of crime side of things have been privatised in recent years . Whereas before the guys were always readily on the scene , a wait is not unusual these days and , often as not , they can't stay long ( even for a fatality ) before they have another job to go to .....

A private company handles your scenes of crime work in Scotland ?

I have a friend who is a SOCO and she is employed by the police , she isn't a proper police officer , but is still in their employ.

A private company handles your scenes of crime work in Scotland ?

I have a friend who is a SOCO and she is employed by the police , she isn't a proper police officer , but is still in their employ.

Yes , SPSA ( Scottish Police Services Authority ) .

Home - Scottish Police Services Authority

When I started with the Fire Service seven or so years ago , SOCO's were employed by the Police , not any more .

Very strange things happen on the wrong side of the lumpy bits between Lancs and Yorks.

Yes , SPSA ( Scottish Police Services Authority ) .

Home - Scottish Police Services Authority

When I started with the Fire Service seven or so years ago , SOCO's were employed by the Police , not any more .

That's not a private company, it's just the new politically correct name for the Police Support unit. SOCO were never active Police officers, they have always been administrative support.

The Scottish Police Services Authority (SPSA) is a Scottish public body of the Scottish Government responsible for certain central services for police forces in Scotland.

Last edited:
Not meaning to nit-pick , but they are no longer employed by the Police and are (under) funded separately .

I know that in the past resources were always readily available if a serious incident required it , now everything is costed and sometimes resources are unavailable .

Quite a few of the SOCO's I worked alongside the the past WERE serving police officers . These days there are a lot of civilians employed by SPSA and they tend to be supervised by 'crime scene managers' who are serving police officers with forensic training .

I couldn't possibly comment :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom