A Poll - Should MotorCycle Filtering be made illegal

Should MotorCycle Filtering be made illegal

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rees_A

Banned
Car
CLK55 AMG
1 - Yes, It's dangerous and causes crashes resulting in injury or even deaths on the road that can be avoided

2 - No, Motorcycles are allowed to filter so can do so if they wish

3 - No, Motorcycles are a law unto themselves and as such should be allowed to do whatever they damn well please and too hell with the consequences

'2' for me - thats the way it works - 'you' stay dry 'we' don't queue.

be mindful of your duty of care to vulnerable road users!

(i'm not saying it isn't misused mind - and there are idiots who do it too quickly or where it is inappropriate - but in general I vote '2')

A mixture of 1 and 2 from me .

When done right there is no problem , at other times it can be downright dangerous .

2 for me.

I did add one originally but had too many chars in options so it failed...

Last edited:
'2' for me - thats the way it works - 'you' stay dry 'we' don't queue.

)

^^^^^ Perfectly stated.

Why would any car driver want it banned? They themselves would only end up queuing for longer.

I voted for '3' as it looked so lonely on its own.

Edit: and I'm a bit of a rebel.

i think this will be a debate!!, its fully legal...being a motorcyclist that has been cut up so many times it does frustrate me, but we have to have our wits about us. Being a car driver also, motorcyclists are very hard to see especially in winter/when rain on windows etc You do get the odd **** on a bike who does filter at stupid speeds, but they are the ones the car drivers will remember and tar us all with the same brush....

As a London driver, cyclist and pedestrian I see no absolutely no reason why not why.

Bikers are amongst the most sensible road users out there

As a cyclist they pose me no threat whatsoever and are normally very aware of their surroundings, very reasonable and very courteous.

If only the car drivers were the same.......

If it was possible to do it in a car you all would, jealousy and sour grapes to want it banned. Safe motorcyclists don't get noticed, only the nutters.

Technically, under the law as it stands filtering can be illegal. I say can be, because you can be prosecuted for dangerous or reckless driving as many motorcyclists involved in accidents while filtering have been. So the idiots you see filtering at dangerous speeds are breaking the law and therefore this poll is pointless in that respect - they're already breaking the law.

I don't see how anyone can object to well executed, safe filtering unless they're just envious of motorcyclists making progress when they can't. The fact is motorcycles can make far better progress than cars in nearly all circumstances (they're much smaller and in many cases significantly quicker in response and acceleration) - it's a fact that's taught by advanced riding groups such as the IAM and ROSPA so learn to live with it. Better still, whenever possible, make it easy for them.

If it really frustrates you that they're getting there before you, then get a bike yourself and join in the fun rather than trying to spoil theirs :D

I voted 2.

As a London driver, cyclist and pedestrian I see no absolutely no reason why not why.

Bikers are amongst the most sensible road users out there

As a cyclist they pose me no threat whatsoever and are normally very aware of their surroundings, very reasonable and very courteous.

If only the car drivers were the same.......

Sorry but that is total garbage. Most sensible road users out there? Good god perhaps we all need to come and check out your roads they must be different to the rest of the world. Bikers drive erratically and at speeds that far exceed the limit because they seem to feel much like cyclsists that they are for some reason above the law.

Now then cyclists are even worse thier red light jumping antics are astonishing they are asking for trouble to be honest. Yes cars do jump red lights however I have seen many many more cylsists doing it.

I know this is only my first post here but this is something I just had to comment on.

I wasn't trolling I was simply stating my opinion which is just as valid as anyone elses. I just feel strongly toward bikers/cylcists mostly because I can't remember ever seeing one using the roads as they should.

all vehicles have different needs of the road - from cyclist to HGV driver - all different needs, all different methods - same aim - getting from a to b without dying.

we ALL need to learn to share and appreciate different forms of transport.

I am a keen cyclist, motorcyclist and a company car driver - I'd love to do my HGV licence just to see what it is like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom