A Productive Saturday

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

como

SUPPORTER
Car
Volvo XC40
Hi All,

I decided that my car had been sadly neglected during recent times. So, Saturday I set about putting that right. A full rinse, snow foam, rinse, snow foam and then wash. This then allowed me to try out my new toy (a present from my daughter and son-in-law) the BigBoi BlowR Mini dryer. The name is a bit cringy but what a brilliant piece of kit this is. Drying the larger surfaces was really quick but getting into the door hinges and wheels etc. was a breeze - pardon the pun. Anyway, 5 hours later and I was really pleased with the results. The car is gleaming inside and out and I can offload the guilt I felt every time I looked at it.

Regards to all,

Colin

Attachments

• Red Image 1.jpg
    Red Image 1.jpg
    935.2 KB · Views: 34
  • Red Image 2.jpg
    Red Image 2.jpg
    997.4 KB · Views: 33
Oooo shiny! I got a ryobi leak blower as a gift from my wife that i modified for drying all the nooks and crannies

You've made me look for BigBoi BlowR motors now.....

The cars looking good tho! Very nice colour.

Blimey looks like your up close to your garage door!

You've made me look for BigBoi BlowR motors now.....

The cars looking good tho! Very nice colour.

Blimey looks like your up close to your garage door!
Yes I have to get a bit close as the back end hangs out. Just got it wrong the once :eek: Thankfully the garage door came off worse.

Details..!! we need details..!! Polishes waxes bla bla

I'm trying out some new products I purchased from a Detailer (AMDetails) in Elgin, up where my daughter lives, along with some other offerings that I already had. No connection with any of the suppliers and I'm not affiliated in any way. Washed with AM Bubbles, wheels done with AM Wheels Acid-Free. The snow foam was Ultimate Finish's own product and I used Meguiars Ultimate Detailer to finish off. The wheels were then treated to a coat of Poorboys Wheel Sealant. The glass was cleaned with Nanolex inside and out. Aside from the air blower mentioned in the previous post, I used a set of Wheel Woolies for the first time and found them to be brilliant. Especially the little one for getting in and around the callipers. Lastly, I used Autoglym Tyre Dressing to spruce up the rubber. On the interior, I used Meguiars Interior Detailer as I don't like a high gloss finish. The Meguiars solution cleans but leaves the natural finish. The leather was cleaned with the MB leather wipes provided in the Starguard kit. I will look at an alternate product at some point but my car is light use and the leather is as new.

I've now got my son-in-law into hobbyist detailing and MB ownership too. :cool: My daughter thinks I have created a monster. :D

Wow just reading that made me feel tired,will have a sitdown with a coffee and biscuit,I should wash mine,saved ;) just had a phone call a aged couple 15 miles away need some food and we are going to buy and deliver it SWMBO has waved away my protests that the car needs washing :rolleyes: I argued in vain,bad news she has taken the packet of biscuits away,so I shall be roaring along the highway very soon.

Hi All,

I decided that my car had been sadly neglected during recent times. So, Saturday I set about putting that right. A full rinse, snow foam, rinse, snow foam and then wash. This then allowed me to try out my new toy (a present from my daughter and son-in-law) the BigBoi BlowR Mini dryer. The name is a bit cringy but what a brilliant piece of kit this is. Drying the larger surfaces was really quick but getting into the door hinges and wheels etc. was a breeze - pardon the pun. Anyway, 5 hours later and I was really pleased with the results. The car is gleaming inside and out and I can offload the guilt I felt every time I looked at it.

Regards to all,

Colin
Wow! Nice job and beautiful looking car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom