A question for Chris Murray :)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bpsorrel

MB Enthusiast
Car
'21 C300 Coupe, '20 SLC Final Edition, Peugeot 208 (hers!) and a new Ford Kuga in Russia
Have been trying to contact Chris by landline for last 24 hours.Have messaged him,privately,from this site.Need to order 2(rather than 4 rims for a Merc E320CDi).Does anyone have a tel number for him,please?

My number is ********

Last edited by a moderator:
Chris, can you confirm if this wheel from alloywheelsdirect would be OK for a S211 (currently with 16" Ruchas)?

Mercedes alloy wheels - genuine new 18" Mercedes 5 Spoke

And, one more thing, on this wheel Mercedes alloy wheels - genuine new 17" Mercedes Rucha

The tyre options come up as 16", not 17" so it's not possible to spec with the correct tyres! :)

I won't have time to order either of these before my holiday, but may do when I get back! :)

Hi!
Thanks for the correction advice > tyres are now showing 2454517.
The 212 wheels aren't compatible with the 211, far too high offset. They could be corrected with spacers but that would escalate the cost. There is a similar wheel that is 211 specific:
Mercedes-Benz Accessories - MBA

If that's any good, I'll add the details to the site :)

Have been trying to contact Chris by landline for last 24 hours.Have messaged him,privately,from this site.Need to order 2(rather than 4 rims for a Merc E320CDi).Does anyone have a tel number for him,please?

My number is 07889 97 20 97

Hi!
Would you please place an order for the set and put a couple of notes on the cart page that only 2 are required?
Sorry it's difficult to get hold of me by phone.
Chris

Can I just confirm that with the ET offset, the lower the number ie: ET 32 as opposed to ET45 means effectively the wheel sits further out from the hub and closer to the edge of the arch? If so, presumably this gives slightly better track and more "racey" stance? Is there any downside to this and what would be the lowest ET (front and rear) for the S211 without any mods being needed to wheel or car? :)

Can I just confirm that with the ET offset, the lower the number ie: ET 32 as opposed to ET45 means effectively the wheel sits further out from the hub and closer to the edge of the arch? If so, presumably this gives slightly better track and more "racey" stance? Is there any downside to this and what would be the lowest ET (front and rear) for the S211 without any mods being needed to wheel or car? :)

lower offset > more they move outside the car. Take a look on hte sticky link to see how aggresive the tuners go with their fitments.

Pushing the wheel really far out with low offsets will usually increase the "tram lining" effect on the motorway and bad surfaces...

To be honest I'm really at a loss to decide what to do! Sometimes I look at the car sitting on it's 16" Ruchas and think, hey, it's not too bad and other times I glance at it and think, nah, underwheeled!! Anyway, I'm off for a few weeks in a few days so I'll have a lot of time to decide! :) (seen some nice wheels on rimstyle.com, so more to mull over!:) ) Thanks everyone for the advice by the way!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom