A quick gearbox question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tetleysmooth

Car
Non Mercedes.
I've been offered my old C280 back,but it now has an autobox problem. When drive or reverse are selected, nothing happens, then it goes into gear with a bang. The fluid level and condition are fine. Would it be possible to fit an older style non electronic box to this car? I'm pretty sure the answer will be no, in which case I won't be bothering with the car.When I had the car I had some work done to the box which cost in excess of £350, so won't be going down that road again.

Tetleysmooth said:
I've been offered my old C280 back,but it now has an autobox problem. When drive or reverse are selected, nothing happens, then it goes into gear with a bang. The fluid level and condition are fine. Would it be possible to fit an older style non electronic box to this car? I'm pretty sure the answer will be no, in which case I won't be bothering with the car.When I had the car I had some work done to the box which cost in excess of £350, so won't be going down that road again.

It won't fit.

I suspect a serious issue. Get the codes read and drop the sump pan to look for metal filings to be sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom