A rare and pointless beast?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beefy84

Car
C63 AMG Coupe
In St Anton at the mo and passed this earlier on a little stroll. Never thought I'd see one in the flesh, especially in the middle of the Alps!

image-3374034042.jpg

Attachments

• image-320400602.jpg
    image-320400602.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:
There are (were?) half a dozen or so in the UK. I saw a black one on the road a few years back and it looked great IMO. Don't think it's any more pointless than say an ML63.

That must have cost an absolute fortune in Denmark

Perfect vehicle for the Alps. Great 4 matic system, plenty of power for the mountains with many passengers and much luggage on board!

BTB 500 said:
There are (were?) half a dozen or so in the UK. I saw a black one on the road a few years back and it looked great IMO. Don't think it's any more pointless than say an ML63.

I knew there weren't many in the UK but I didn't know it was that few!

Darrell said:
What is it? I saw one at Athens airport a while ago being used as a taxi. Is the Krazy Kangaroo still in St Anton?

It's an R63 AMG, Mercs people carrier with the AMG touch. My Dad had one of the earlier diesel models and it was a seriously spacious and comfy place to be on a long journey. Can't imagine what it's like with an AMG lump under the bonnet! Yep Krazy Kanguruh still here, what a mad place!

Makes perfect sense... they are great cars... same as an ML but not so bulky looking and an AMG 4Matic version would be a perfect way to get up to the alps!

i got one for the wife

i love the car to bits :)

acid

You guys make good points! As mentioned my only experience of an R Class is the diesel model and as a passenger it couldn't be faulted. I wonder why the 63 did so poorly with sales? Maybe the majority simply preferred the 'trendier' looking ML63?

Yep only half a dozen registered in the UK. There is usually a black one in London, parked a couple of streets down from Paddington station in a quiet crescent.

I think the front is a bit ugly but it's a good car shame they did not sell many.

makes perfect sense... They are great cars... Same as an ml but not so bulky looking and an amg 4matic version would be a perfect way to get up to the alps!

Much less bulky looking, surprising just how low the roofline looks from the drivers seat of the ML.

Click to enlarge:

image.jpg

Last edited:
image.jpg

Brings back memories of the toy W114 Ambulance that I had a child...

The R Class is probably the most comfortable car I've driven on the motorway, equal at least to the new GL. It's a bit of a barge around roundabouts though.

It's also a car you can slide straight in and out of without either dropping down, or climbing up, into the driver's seat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom