A rare beast of a van!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That is interesting, thanks for sharing!

I can picture myself riding in that with my Lurchers. :cool:

I can picture myself riding in that with my Lurchers. :cool:

Yep, if I got something with that much space in the back I'm sure swmbo would see it as an excuse to get another dog or 2.

We have a Lurcher and a Springer and they just about fit in the 124 boot along with all the mrs's clutter that gets carted about!

Yep, if I got something with that much space in the back I'm sure swmbo would see it as an excuse to get another dog or 2.

We have a Lurcher and a Springer and they just about fit in the 124 boot along with all the mrs's clutter that gets carted about!

Go on, get another dog, you know it makes sense. ;)

If that van was closer to where I live, I'm sure I'd end up viewing it and then buying it.
Depending on its condition, I'd either have a camouflage wrap or go the whole hog and get it properly painted and add some nice wheels.

I was offered a couple of XM project cars yesterday. These were Executive car hire cars so have covered high miles, but other then the front jacking points being folded over, looked in surprisingly good condition. They had a fleet of these, just four left now, none in use.
There was a 2.1TD hatch, which had no sunroof and looked good in Magenta
The other was a 2.5TD estate in Emerald.

Mileage was about 260k on the hatch, unknown by me on the estate, but possibly similar.

If I wanted a Series 2 project, I would have one or other. The one I took parts off had 450,000 miles on the clock and was in very good order.

I was offered a couple of XM project cars yesterday. These were Executive car hire cars so have covered high miles, but other then the front jacking points being folded over, looked in surprisingly good condition. They had a fleet of these, just four left now, none in use.
There was a 2.1TD hatch, which had no sunroof and looked good in Magenta
The other was a 2.5TD estate in Emerald.

Mileage was about 260k on the hatch, unknown by me on the estate, but possibly similar.

If I wanted a Series 2 project, I would have one or other. The one I took parts off had 450,000 miles on the clock and was in very good order.

I saw a white BX the other day with the plate (I think) BXI 19. Number plate screw cap in the right place to make the 1 look like an i. Anyone you know, DM?

I saw a white BX the other day with the plate (I think) BXI 19. Number plate screw cap in the right place to make the 1 look like an i. Anyone you know, DM?

Could it have been light cream and an early model GT? Might have been Tim Leech, he has a nice collection of immaculate BX.

Could it have been light cream and an early model GT? Might have been Tim Leech, he has a nice collection of immaculate BX.

Yes, possibly light cream. I was parked in Stockport and as it went by I noticed the plate more than anything. Nice plate to own.

Did it look like this?

I wouldn't mind one of these, very, very rare (2 iirc). One was for sale in a poor state a couple of years ago for e100k.

citroen_bx4tc_small.jpg

Yes, possibly light cream. I was parked in Stockport and as it went by I noticed the plate more than anything. Nice plate to own.

I'd need to check more but the one I was thinking of has the plate C1T BX.

BX4TC, yep suspected 2 left, the others where destroyed!!!
The Group B vista was pretty much forgotten about but 150bhp and 4 wheels drive made it a winner in the upto 1300cc class.

I'd need to check more but the one I was thinking of has the plate C1T BX.

Thinking about it, I seem to recall seeing the car and plate before, so maybe it lives in not to far away.
I'd bet 50p that I've snapped it and posted in the number plate thread in the past.

BX4TC, yep suspected 2 left, the others where destroyed!!!
The Group B vista was pretty much forgotten about but 150bhp and 4 wheels drive made it a winner in the upto 1300cc class.

The BX4TC was a full blown 2 litre which started out with 380bhp. It only ran in 3 WRC rallies before Group-B was killed off, but it came in 6th place in the Acropolis rally.

Did it look like this?

I wouldn't mind one of these, very, very rare (2 iirc). One was for sale in a poor state a couple of years ago for e100k.

citroen_bx4tc_small.jpg

Yes, that sort of colour.

MOCAS would probably be able to find out who owns the car from the reg, which is similar to the one on his SLK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom