A rare beast......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It's been fitted with xenons and 1999 facelift rear lights! And Brabus wheels, which are are hideous IMO.

It's a non-runner, in Tokyo. Do you feel lucky?

Horrid wheels and not a body kit that I would want.

Hideous wheels, the front looks very wrong and a big price for a non runner on the other side of the world!

Still, what an engine (if indeed it is electrical, and not a non runner 'cause of something internal!)

Fairly sure I remember seeing them on Saabs. I'm old enough:D Still horrid.

The three spoke wheels were popular at the time. Thank god tastes moved on!

I suppose the question is - is that a real 6.0L V8? Or just another 500SL you can pickup here for a couple grand...

Fairly sure I remember seeing them on Saabs. I'm old enough:D Still horrid.

You definitely got them on the 9000 Aero - I knew someone with a 94/M which had them.

500E said:
I suppose the question is - is that a real 6.0L V8? Or just another 500SL you can pickup here for a couple grand...

Exactly, the wheels are easily changed, it's all about the rarity......

I looked up the chassis number and it shows as SL500 AMG 6.0
What was odd though is no data card which I have not seen before.

saab 900 Turbo cabs often had three spokes too.

I wounder how much it would be to ship and pay import tax and if this combined with the total purchase price makes it uneconomical.

How many of these would be registered in the uk currently might be another question.

Scott

It's likely a genuine 6.0 AMG M119, but equally likely to have it's ignition ECU failed or LH modules failed given it's not starting.

Both modules are either NLA or cost 3.2k GBP from MB.

better off building a fresh M119 big-bore and creating a simple RRFPR system to fuel.

talbir

Watchcame430 said:
I looked up the chassis number and it shows as SL500 AMG 6.0
What was odd though is no data card which I have not seen before.

I had a Japanese imported s-class and couldn't get a data card from epc either.

Simple question - what's an LH module. 2 threads in 10 minutes, and never heard of it before!

Aka engine fuel injection ecu.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom