A rare show of kindness by Bank of Scotland Car Leasing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

scotth_uk

MB Enthusiast
Car
Renault
Hi All,

This is so amazing, I just had to let you know about it.

Most of you know that my go kart came from Skyfleet, and is actually financed through Bank of Scotland. As a result of this, any fines for my excellent displays of driving ability ( :D ) are sent to the owner of the vehicle - BOS.

I realised in December that yet again, I had failed to pay the congestion charge twice. I am becoming very efficient at forgetting to pay. Didn't mind, and was expecting the fines to arrive and to be charged an admin fee by BOS for processing.

After a while, the fines hadn't arrived so I called up Skyfleet. They advised me that the Christmas postal load was huge and that the paperwork would be in the mail shortly. They expected that BOS would pay the fine, and reclaim it from me. I thought that this was a reasonable explanation, so left it at that.

Weeks went by, and my nerves grew tired of the worry. So I forgot all about it. Seemed easy to do.

Yesterday, I opened my letterbox to find a shedload (metric, not imperial ;-) ) of mail from my old flat downstairs. The owner must have been on holiday since before Xmas, and had kindly dropped all of my mail in. I opened two envelopes and had a minor heart attack.

The two fines had been sent on by BOS, without being paid and both of them had passed their first and second penalty increases. By now I am looking at CCJ territory. I picked myself back up off the floor and went upstairs to call BOS.

Long story short - BOS were very good to deal with. They apologised for sending to the old address, as I had advised them in November of the move. Even though they claimed never to receive my advice, they offered to pay for all excess fees incurred above the basic 2 x £50 fines.

Sent them my receipts, and they are refunding me the money. Excellent.

scotth_uk said:
Sent them my receipts, and they are refunding me the money. Excellent.
Excellent :) . I love it when big companies collapse under the weight of their own paperwork and then end up paying everyone else's fines etc :) . Reminds me of the police taking a year to bust Koolvin for speeding and then they had to give up and apologise because they took too long with it. Classic :) .
scotth_uk said:
any fines for my excellent displays of driving ability ( :D ) are sent to the owner of the vehicle - BOS.
You mean the fines are sent to the "registered keeper". Strange that this is the RBOS though, I would have thought it would have been registered to you, I think that's how fleet rental works with company cars anyway - the company is the "keeper", the rental company is the "owner".

wow - what an excellent result :bannana:

Shude said:
You mean the fines are sent to the "registered keeper". Strange that this is the RBOS though, I would have thought it would have been registered to you, I think that's how fleet rental works with company cars anyway - the company is the "keeper", the rental company is the "owner".

RBOS and BOS are not the same organisation. The Royal Bank of Scotland are a far nicer bunch. Scott's post suprises me greatly as Bank of Scotland are in my opinion a bunch of bankers (have I spelt that correctly). I've had business dealings with them in the past and they have very little, in fact make that no, regard for people. The only good thing to have come out of them (apart from Scott's miracle) is that when they merged with Halifax, the bankers (damn i've done it again), who I dealt with all lost their jobs. Ha ha ha ha.

Well done Scott, perhaps BOS has had an enema and repopulated their bowels with Halifax people instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom