A Rather good suggestion.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sspeed

MB Enthusiast
Car
2006 CLK320 CDi
For a while now I have been going on a Sunday Jaunt to the Wendsleydale area..
Pretty much by accident I came accross the Pub below..
Welcome to the Moorcock Inn

Its food is outstanding and I really can recommend the "Game & Chestnut Stew"

I have been there 4 or 5 times now and the food is consistantly excellent..
Ian (flanaia1).. I know you like your grub as I do, so how about we think about thinking about a meetup here with fellow food fans of the forum?
I have to warn you its in the middle of nowhere but there is some excellent driving to be had..
How about a meetup for food say about 1 - 1.30 and then a rather nice drive to Ye ancient castle (See link Below)..
Fun Family Days Out and Unique Wedding Venue in Yorkshire at Bolton Castle.

you can read reviews below:
Bolton Castle Reviews - Leyburn, North Yorkshire Attractions - TripAdvisor

The Castle is about 20 miles from The Moorcock Inn and so not a monster drive..
Of course the Castle is only a suggestion and is certainly NOT compulsory. In fact if any of you have any suggested "add ons" to the Pub then please feel free to suggest.

The pub is one of those places that from the outside doesnt look anything special BUT the atmosphere and more importantly the food are way above average.
It really IS a Gem.
One word of caution though.....
The portions are VERY generous so DONT make the mistake of a Starter / Main / AND Desert... I could only manage a main course on its own.
I STRONGLY suggest you make sure you are damned hungry and skip Breakfast if neccesary..

Discuss this and lets get something pencilled in for a GTG date...

Last edited:
What a great idea I actually know this place if it is the one I think it is between Hawes and Sedburgh their game used to be fantastic. Bolton Castle too is also a good place and used by Top Gear and the car mags for photo shoots. So if you want some good winter shots of your car this is the place.

As regards dates over to you guys but what about between Christmas and New Year? Just a thought, looking forward to this one :D

Hi Ian,
I am totally OK with a meetup between Christmas and New year as I am off work from the 24th december till 7th January.
So you can book me in any time between those dates mate.

It's a bit far for me @ 170 miles Simon, though I do appreciate the invite :thumb:.

Quiet as Mice

You lot have gone as quiet as mice...
The dates will be sometime between say 28th December and 6th January..
Ian and I have the luxury of a 10 day break so to a certain extent we will fit in with the majority..

If you all remain quiet as mice then I shall have to ask the other forum :devil:
There is some gorgeous driving scenery around that area..

Now breath deeply, stop hyper ventilating and get yer names down !!

Sounds a great idea.
Not sure how we're fixed yet due to the "shifting sands" of family needs and commitments.
I'll keep looking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom