A really cheap S211 E500

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

350cls

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E55k AMG Sold / S211 E320 CDI I6 W212 E63 6.2 N/A saloon.
Well something weird happening with Autotrader and my laptop ,use the link and it says cannot find the car scroll down and it has the car you mentioned the 54 reg ,cannot click on it to see the pictures it just says not found,but at that money it has to be worth a look.

Yes, I recall it for sale before, about a year ago - and in Blackheath too, so likely the same car. I thought about buying it, but was too busy to go and see it, and it was sold - supposedly.

At that mileage it may well need all the 'standard' W211 E500 stuff doing - engine mountings, brake pipes, front suspension ball joints, rear subframe bushes, door mirrors, camshaft cover breathers.

Look closely at the driver's seat bolster, though - I've never seen one that bad on a 211 before.

Looks a colour difference with the front nsd and the rear nearside quarter. The towing hook has been left in, I wonder for what reason. The headlights looking rather hazed over.

The ad doesn't say much useful, but it's an Avantgarde with a half-wood wheel, so it will probably have COMAND and the full electrics package too.

Looks a colour difference with the front nsd and the rear nearside quarter. The towing hook has been left in, I wonder for what reason. The headlights looking rather hazed over.
Now when you have mentioned it I have remembered the comment I made about this same car last year.
E500 Estate | Spotted on eBay!

Same pictures, too, right down to the towing eye in the front bumper.

Harumph, that looks like one seriously clocked motor to me. Apart from the dirt, which to a degree can be cleaned out, that driver's bolster indicates a lot of use. Part of the reason I like these cars is that I used to be driven around by lots of high mileage German taxis and chauffeurs "back in the day," and these interiors really don't show that much wear. Click on other high mileage W211's on Autotrader or Ebay and you'll see that driver's seats don't look like that if they've done 200,000+ miles.

I remember this one coming up last time, it sure is cheap!

Oddly, the MOT history supports the mileage, no anomalies. Though there could be ways round that I guess, e.g. big taxi mileage inside a year and then clocked before MOT.

It did fail its first ever MOT though, and 4 of the subsequent ones :oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom