A reason to never visit Wales again.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Man with red flag to be introduced in 2024
I mentioned this on my old HS2 jobs when it became mandatory that a man with a red flag must walk in front of moving plant.

I told them it was like going back to the early days of the motorcar but the dumb **** graduates didn’t know what I was talking about. 🙄

IMG_1225.jpeg

The leftie Labour politicians will know best why they have done this but if applied where it's unnecessary for safety reasons, I wonder if they realise that a 20mph speed limit actually increases emissions from motor vehicles because they are operating in a lower gear. I don't care what advice they have been given, IC engines use more fuel at 20mph than they do at 30mph so emissions have to be higher.

On the basis of the the examples we have to hand, Devolution = 3rd rate virtue signaling politicians even dumber than Westminster.

When the welsh labour anti motorist and anti tourist stance has driven wales yet further into economic decline I hope they don't come looking for a hand out.

“Restricted roads are usually located in residential and built-up areas where there are lots of people. They often have street lights on them, placed no more than 200 yards apart.

We recognise not all roads with a currently at 30mph limit will be suitable to change to 20mph. These roads will be known as exceptions. Local Authorities will consider with their communities which roads should remain at 30mph and there will be 30mph signs to tell you this.”

On the other hand it should sort out the Barry Boys with their scrap heap challenges and numbskull heads. Surely not a bad thing all being said….

I wonder if they realise that a 20mph speed limit actually increases emissions from motor vehicles because they are operating in a lower gear. I don't care what advice they have been given, IC engines use more fuel at 20mph than they do at 30mph so emissions have to be higher.
Of course they will have been advised that IC engines will create more emissions at 20mph than at 30mph, but that's not the point: they want an excuse to ban personal vehicles completely and "pollution" will be one of the arguments used.

Classic approach of the politician: create a problem and then claim credit for solving it by implementing the policy they wanted to introduce all along, but that no-one would have supported until the problem was created.

On the other hand it should sort out the Barry Boys with their scrap heap challenges and numbskull heads.
It will have no effect whatsoever on the group of people who happily break the 30mph limit today.

Self limiting? Drivers using their initiative?
Exactly. It's the same principle applied in what's euphemistically called "traffic calming": road narrowing and chicanes.

The odd thing is that councils and road safety experts tell us that those devices work to reduce and limit traffic speeds, yet when parked vehicles do the same thing (narrowing the road and creating chicanes) those same people tell us that it can't be relied upon and they have to introduce reduced speed limits.

It looks as though the majority of roads in BarryBados will be affected, the only stretch of main road where the local council is going to apply for a 30 mph limit to remain is one where a bend and steep hill combined with a very narrow road means traffic generally runs at no more than 20 mph anyway . The local residents have already been complaining that a 20 mph limit should have been implemented currently. As usual the politicians are doing the exact opposite of what residents want 😟

Exactly. It's the same principle applied in what's euphemistically called "traffic calming": road narrowing and chicanes.

The odd thing is that councils and road safety experts tell us that those devices work to reduce and limit traffic speeds, yet when parked vehicles do the same thing (narrowing the road and creating chicanes) those same people tell us that it can't be relied upon and they have to introduce reduced speed limits.
With all due respect Phil you’ll always get pr1cks doing 30mph (and more) down these smaller side streets because it’s legal. So based on that I’m 100% in favour of these 20mph zones.

Self limiting? Drivers using their initiative?
No. They’re self-limiting due to the amount of cars parked either side, a bin lorry coming in the opposite direction or an Amazon van doing a delivery.
Those 3 on their own are enough to limit speeds anywhere.

No. They’re self-limiting due to the amount of cars parked either side, a bin lorry coming in the opposite direction or an Amazon van doing a delivery.
Those 3 on their own are enough to limit speeds anywhere.
But they’ll not always be bin lorries, Amazon vans, buses to restrict/govern drivers speed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom