A Recommendation For WWII Enthusiasts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wu56Shoozz

MB Enthusiast
You'll need a passport to get over the Wall..
Car
MB Vito 111CDi / W203 C Class Saloon 320CDi Avantgarde
On National Geographic This week:

War Heroes of the Skies :Total War

Its about Lancaster Crews.. amazing, just amazing

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Everybody had a hard time, my Mother is the REAL Anne Frank, except she didn't have a pencil and piece of paper to write her story on.

Anyway, there are always two sides, when in Germany I found a war memorial to the pilots of the Luftwaffe, not many of those about the place I noticed.

Not sure if bomber Harris was a hero or not too...?? In the day I suppose he could be excused for being angry.

Everybody had a hard time,

Statistics - as far as combatants were concerned - tend to show that the bomber pilots and U-boat crews were expected to go about their business repeatedly in the face of an ongoing attrition rate that made their chances of coming through unlikely.

RAF bomber crews were volunteers.

AIUI U-Boat crews were volunteers.

Not sure if bomber Harris was a hero or not too...?? In the day I suppose he could be excused for being angry.

I think when your enemy is flinging V1s and V2s at you then you want to fling stuff back.

Acoording to Hastings in Bomber Command, Harris was considered a tyrant, using all available methods to achieve his personally conceived tactical objectives.

But who knows. Very difficult to assess the effectiveness of his campaigns without a control to compare it with.

Meanwhile in America they were building their bombers like this...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Will take a 0.50 cal through the tanks and not spill a pint, that's impressive for 1941!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom