A Request .....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Howard

MB Club Veteran
Car
2018 C63 Wagon / CLK430 / A150 / VW Pink Floyd Golf Cabriolet
Chaps and Chapesses,

Whilst trawling through my boot today, i unearthed my spare wheel , 'nothing unusual in that' you might say, except that i only have two bolts to fit it :crazy:

Glad i've not had a puncture so far ..... :eek:

Anyway, does anyone have three bolts to fit a W124 standard alloy ET35 that they would like to exchange for beer vouchers ?

Also, My steering wheel arrived today , an Isotta Strada :bannana: but......

After contacting GSF to get a boss , i was told sorry we don't deal with Isotta any more and we haven't got any bosses for Mercs only Audis and VW's left. :crazy:

So, anyone got an Isotta dealer near them or have a W124 boss knocking around (yeah right :rolleyes: )??

This is the spare wheel.....

I've a few in varying lenghts. What lenght do you need. I have 3 from a w202 with alloys and one that is a bit shorter I think.

Will measure the ones i have in a tick and let you know .... cheers mate !

Any Isotta ideas ? ;)

Hi Howard, I am a bit confused. To fit the spare wheel, you will use the five bolts removed from the punctured wheel on the car, won't you?

I don't have any bolts to offer so I am sticking my nose in on this thread - but I am intregued (if that's how you spell it).

Philip

No, for some reason my alloys have longer bolts :confused:

If i used them , the wheel would just wobble around .....

There are two bolts in the spare wheel well that fit nicely, the diameter is the same, but they are just about 20 mm shorter ...

Intrigued ........ ;)

prprandall51 said:
Hi Howard, I am a bit confused. To fit the spare wheel, you will use the five bolts removed from the punctured wheel on the car, won't you?

I don't have any bolts to offer so I am sticking my nose in on this thread - but I am intregued (if that's how you spell it).
If you are dealing with factory-only parts then there are two lengths of wheel bolt for each model, basically steel wheel or alloy.

Once you start looking into aftermarket wheels or wheels from other models then it can get a bit tricky, however the 124/170/171/201/202/203/208/209/210 models probably take the same bolts to fit the same wheel.

You hero !! cheers Shude

Howard said:
You hero !! cheers Shude
I'd still get them measured! :)

Check this out, standard wheel bolt for the W124 230CE:
A2014010270

replaced by:
A2104010270

replaced by:
A1704010170

more...
A1244000170

replaced by:
A2034010270
See what I mean? :)

The second one(s) seem to be for alloys, the first for steels. This isn't guaranteed because I don't understand the line drawing. The second set of bolts appear to come with some kind of cover or cap for each bolt! :confused:

OEM M12x1.5x39R12 bolt manufactured by Bimecc has a metal insert into the bolt head, secured with splines. Original bolt around at the time the W124 was made would have had an extended shank probably, hence one replacement. Bolt for steel wheel on M12 cars is 25mm.
The bolts Graham is offering are fine, but may look strange receeded into the wheel if all the other bolts are extended shank type.

Murray Systems said:
OEM M12x1.5x39R12 bolt manufactured by Bimecc has a metal insert into the bolt head, secured with splines. Original bolt around at the time the W124 was made would have had an extended shank probably, hence one replacement. Bolt for steel wheel on M12 cars is 25mm.
The bolts Graham is offering are fine, but may look strange receeded into the wheel if all the other bolts are extended shank type.
I bought some AMG rims a few years ago and AMG shipped them with 2 lengths of bolt, the threads were the same but the heads were longer on the (wider) rear rims so the heads lined up front/rear. A nice touch I thought :)

Shude said:
I bought some AMG rims a few years ago and AMG shipped them with 2 lengths of bolt, the threads were the same but the heads were longer on the (wider) rear rims so the heads lined up front/rear. A nice touch I thought :)

I am using the ones my 16" Sport alloys were held on the with.

The insert Murray Systems speaks of above has come out on one of my bolts too :(

GrahamC230K said:
The insert Murray Systems speaks of above has come out on one of my bolts too :(
The inserts are not available separately I'm afraid, so you'll have to shell out the whole £2 for a new bolt, unless you buy a set.

I have a complete set left over somewhere, handy keeping them for spares now I know what a full set costs from the stealership!

Shude said:

I'd like to think that is by design rather than by mistake..
The metal thickness in the centre of the wheel isn't really related to rim width, but a nice touch!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom