A Royal Merc 500

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It would appear to be a nice looking car for the price. I wonder whats special order about it though? Looks to be standard, even lacking most options, just a mid 90's phone fitted at some point!

I agree but I don't know them too well ... Spec does seem standard to me.
I think the history sounds really nice though and interesting ownership.
If I had space I would tuck it away.

It is always a careful balance ... Wife and cars ... Tracky stuff!

Surprised it is SE and not SEL - but then he again he was a bit of a midget and would have enough legroom in a 190.Hehe
500 rarest of the SEs.Rare (and very nice )colour aswell.

The two standout factors for me is that its not an SEL and not armoured, would have thought that most Royal vehicles would be.

The fact that it was once owned by a King would not have much sway as far as i am concerned , but overall the car looks good value to me. If I had a spare £3k I would be seriously tempted. Very impressive vehicle for not a lot of money.

The fact that it was once owned by a King would not have much sway as far as i am concerned , but overall the car looks good value to me. If I had a spare £3k I would be seriously tempted. Very impressive vehicle for not a lot of money.

Maybe the Royalty thing is to make it stand out from all the 'Doctors' cars.

Anyone know what this colour is? Nice alternative to the normal silver.

Maybe the Royalty thing is to make it stand out from all the 'Doctors' cars.

Anyone know what this colour is? Nice alternative to the normal silver.

Agree, its different to the norm ... The King thing is a talking point but not much more.
It is also likely to have been well looked after and no expense spared? (The 40 invoices point to this also)
I think it is fairly rare celebrity brings much value to a vehicle?
Beckhams S500 for sale recently reflects that?

Has all the facelift bits inside and out apart from the seats/ door panels?

Has all the facelift bits inside and out apart from the seats/ door panels?

There is another se with the same mix of facelift bits on retrorides, built right on the change over point with a bit of a mix.

It's been up for sale before and I'm sure was listed properly ie as a 500SE. I think this time it's a lower price and at 3k looks tempting if it's in good condition. I do agree though that the colour is rare and very nice.

I had the opportunity for a good look at all King Hussein's UK car collection shortly after it had been taken on by one of his sons. I also drove a few cars from the collection after the company I was working for at the time bought them. That particular car wasn't one of the ones that we bought, but I can confirm that every car in the collection was pristine and meticulously looked after. Some had covered negligible miles (typically less than 100!) in long lifetimes. So I'd be confident that this 500SE was equally superb when sold by the royal family around the turn of the millennium. Of course there's no way of being sure how it was cared for after that, but from the photos and description it looks good.

BTW, I never met the king or the prince, but I did meet a few of their immediate family - lovely people.

^nice, love the interior.

Agree ... My type of combo too ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom