A Royal Progess

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Satch

MB Enthusiast
Car
S211 E320Cdi Avantgarde Estate & Toyota Land Cruiser
Well not really but a long overdue trip to see friends/family North of Watford gap.

In very broad terms it is Guildford---> Windermere-ish-----> Nairn----->Alnwick/Morpeth-ish-------> Guildford. About 1200 miles.

Looking for decent, non boring but not wholly OTT hotels in Lake District & Northumberland, so suggestion welcome.

I can help in Northumberland, do you want to be more Alnwick or Morpeth?

Well not really but a long overdue trip to see friends/family North of Watford gap.

In very broad terms it is Guildford---> Windermere-ish-----> Nairn----->Alnwick/Morpeth-ish-------> Guildford. About 1200 miles.

Looking for decent, non boring but not wholly OTT hotels in Lake District & Northumberland, so suggestion welcome.

What route are you taking, Satch? Any ideas which locations may coincide with your stop times?

I can recommend a good hotel in Guildford......

Are you looking for hotels particularly or will B&B suffice. If you don't mind being in the Langdale valley in the lakes then I can recommend the 4* Langdale hotel or the Brittania inn (B&B). Excellent views when you wake up, good pubs close by or downstairs at the Brit. Excellent food at both. Quick scoot over the hills to Grasmere and on to Keswick.

I am a bit biased as I married a beautiful woman with a timeshare in the landales. We go there every year and I get to run over the hills before breakfast or dinner.

Lovelady Shield Country House Hotel - Alston, Cumbria

Lovelady Shield Country House Hotel has been described as
England's best kept secret by our guests.

Very nice and a bit different from the norm.

You also get to drive along the A686: The AA Magazine has chosen the winding A686 road from Penrith in Cumbria to Corbridge in Northumberland, as one of their 'Ten Great Drives'. The 45 mile North Pennines route features alongside more exotic stretches of road, including Highway 50 in the Nevada Desert and the Alpine passes of the Evian to Nice road.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom