A-S-M switch

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flyingtaquito

Car
E220 SALOON AMG SPORT 2014
Hi, i recently bought a vehicle from the UK (Mercedes-Benz E220 2014 AMG Sport) i didnt received it yet but i have a question, in videos on youtube i see that the same vehicles with back paddles have a switch with 3 modes, E-S-M, as far as my understanding goes, M stands for manual , so for the back paddles then. but the thing is, the car that i bought has back paddles, but there is no E-S-M switch only an E-S switch, so how does the backpaddles of mine activate?
thanks in advance :)

Your car doesn't have a manual mode so operating the paddles will just restrict the automatic gear range. That is if you select 4 the auto box will not change higher than 4. Can be useful to stop the box hunting or constantly changing up and down on hilly roads. It can also help in engine braking by keeping the ratio low.
It will be detailed in the owners handbook

Your car doesn't have a manual mode so operating the paddles will just restrict the automatic gear range. That is if you select 4 the auto box will not change higher than 4. Can be useful to stop the box hunting or constantly changing up and down on hilly roads. It can also help in engine braking by keeping the ratio low.
It will be detailed in the owners handbook
Thanks ill check it out if the car arrives

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom