A sad sad day :)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marc.l

Car
E55 wagon
Had the vet out again to day for both my horses, the pony who is now 36 years old and who I have owned ( or did he own me ?) for 33 years and my 22 year old Arab .

The pony has been out to grass for 6 year and a companion horse and his health has declined over the last 12 months to the point were the vet has now told me that it's time to have him put down .
My Arab (17h2 , he's a big old boy) and ive owned him for 18 years health took a turn for the worst , and going into winter just could not get his weight up and eating and getting fat has been one of his life time loves . To cut to the chase the vet took blood samples last week and the results are saying he has a blood disease , can't remember what the vet said it was . Basically he's loosing weight and keeps falling over . Nothing they can do , and advised to have him put down for his own good .

Friday is the day , got a jcb booked for the morning so I can dig two big holes rather than them going for pet food and the vets due at 10:30 . I'm not going to be there , call me coward but no way .

A sad day , my kids have learnt to ride on them , I've ridden them most days, been through a lot together .

:(

That is very sad. They've evidently had a very good life, and given the circumstances, they will have a good end too. I am quite sure the Equine Elysian fields have long green grass and no flies.

I have a field of horses by me and I really love looking at them every day, nice gentle things who enjoy the odd carrot.

Feel for you mate. Losing animals is just awful.
I know its easy to say, but remember the good times.

Very sad when you lose a pet that has become part of the family like that.

Are you allowed to bury horses now? I thought there were some restrictions on doing this due to concern of certain chemicals getting into the water table?

Sp!ke said:
Very sad when you lose a pet that has become part of the family like that.

Are you allowed to bury horses now? I thought there were some restrictions on doing this due to concern of certain chemicals getting into the water table?

That's a very good point and not one I had thought about . Will now have to check .
Thanks .

Sad news indeed.

(((((hugs)))))

Pretty sure Spike is correct on that one-- exceptions being in remote areas or outbreaks of notifiable diseases where transport to an abattoir would increase risk of transmission of the disease. I am surprised the vet did not appraise you of this?

Tbh it was some thing I never asked , did not even cross my mind . But the vets calling me tonight for a chat .

Sorry to hear of your loss

Mic

You could have a cremation and the ashes returned to you for burial.

Desperate news. Condolences to you and yours. Try as we might, we cannot fail to get attached to our family pets.

Very sorry to read this , you have my sympathy .

I can only relate through pet dogs we have lost over the years .

They break your heart when you lose a family pet. I cannot imagine the loss of losing two.
It must be awful & beyond belief
My Chas was put down 38years ago, I still have a tear in my eye when family mention his name

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom