A safety film from 1934

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Giantvanman

MB Enthusiast
Car
FFRR 4.4 TDV8 Autobiography
Watch for the newspaper headline a few seconds in…how many deaths??

[YOUTUBE]6PTrY5O6dig[/YOUTUBE]

I'm surprised it wasn't a lot higher if they all drove like that!

IIRC there were only about 2 million cars on the road at the time.

MBClub wasn't around then to promote the pedants charter ;)

Neither were internet trolls ;)

A troll by your definition is someone that doesn't share you and your little gang of mates' opinions! Well that is not a troll by any reasonably intelligent definition, but then again you and your mates aren't exactly qualifying on that front are you?

Shame that 80 years later some of the bad habit manoeuvres shown in that video are still happening! :eek:

Dashcams, the early years!

A troll by your definition is someone that doesn't share you and your little gang of mates' opinions! Well that is not a troll by any reasonably intelligent definition, but then again you and your mates aren't exactly qualifying on that front are you?

You must have read that somewhere because you're not exhibiting either of those traits i.e. reasonableness or intelligence. I would suggest self-effacing honesty is also sadly lacking.

The point which you wilfully refuse to acknowledge is this; most everyone else manages to exercise a modicum of decency and good manners by not prodding, poking and picking at every opportunity. They manage very well at not dropping into topics that annoy them or make snide remarks, but not you.

We get it; you don't like most of the people (pedants) on here which is why you are consistently rude and persistently obnoxious and often bullying towards them.

You don't like 'the pedants' and I'm quite sure they couldn't care less about you but it is you that is picking like a nagging fish wife, trying to illicit a reaction or at the very least, being disruptive like a child fed a diet of blue Smarties. By definition alone without needing to exercise a degree of reasonable intelligence, that is being an internet troll.

Last edited:
You must have read that somewhere because you're not exhibiting either of those traits i.e. reasonableness or intelligence. I would suggest self-effacing honesty is also sadly lacking.

Reasonableness? Yeah maybe you have something, but intelligence and honesty go hand in hand, I just say it like I see it rather than pussy footing around and being all polite when I actually think people are a waste of space. The world would be a far better place if others did the same. This notion we all have to get on is stupid! We don't thankfully.

Put it this way if I went to a pub and you and a few others were there I wouldn't be spending any time with you so why should online have to be any different?

The point which you wilfully refuse to acknowledge is this; most everyone else manages to exercise a modicum of decency and good manners by not prodding, poking and picking at every opportunity. They manage very well at not dropping into topics that annoy them or make snide remarks, but not you.

Honesty as above!

We get it; you don't like most of the people (pedants) on here which is why you are consistently rude and persistently obnoxious and often bullying towards them.

No, I have no truck with most people on this forum as that is where I start off, but if a small minority persistently come across as self righteous pedants I will say so!

You don't like 'the pedants' and I'm quite sure they couldn't care less about you but it is you that is picking like a nagging fish wife, trying to illicit a reaction or at the very least, being disruptive like a child fed a diet of blue Smarties. By definition alone without needing to exercise a degree of reasonable intelligence, that is being an internet troll.

You are confusing your opinion, and thus conjecture, with fact!

Reasonableness? Yeah maybe you have something, but intelligence and honesty go hand in hand, I just say it like I see it rather than pussy footing around and being all polite when I actually think people are a waste of space. The world would be a far better place if others did the same. This notion we all have to get on is stupid! We don't thankfully.

Put it this way if I went to a pub and you and a few others were there I wouldn't be spending any time with you so why should online have to be any different?

Honesty as above!

No, I have no truck with most people on this forum as that is where I start off, but if a small minority persistently come across as self righteous pedants I will say so!

You are confusing your opinion, and thus conjecture, with fact!

You wouldn't go near them in the pub so why would you on here….but you DO associate with people you don't like on here and you do this via dropping in snide remarks and by using denigrating catch-all classifications.

All very far from reasonable or intelligent and you still can't see it. So, why do so on here? Because picking, poking and prodding are actions an internet troll gains pleasure from. Or just plain nasty?

Well, I am far too polite and considerate to "say it like I see it rather than pussy footing around and being all polite when I actually think people are a waste of space". Contrary to you, I think the world is a better place for not behaving boorishly or petulantly and exercising a modicum of civilised and adult restraint.

Incidentally, my instincts scream that if the very people you despise were to mimic your behaviour and ethos, the tantrum would be immense.

You wouldn't go near them in the pub so why would you on here….but you DO associate with people you don't like on here and you do this via dropping in snide remarks and by using denigrating catch-all classifications.

All very far from reasonable or intelligent and you still can't see it. So, why do so on here? Because picking, poking and prodding are actions an internet troll gains pleasure from. Or just plain nasty?

Well, I am far too polite and considerate to "say it like I see it rather than pussy footing around and being all polite when I actually think people are a waste of space". Contrary to you, I think the world is a better place for not behaving boorishly or petulantly and exercising a modicum of civilised and adult restraint.

Incidentally, my instincts scream that if the very people you despise were to mimic your behaviour and ethos, the tantrum would be immense.

So you are saying that you might think someone is a waste of space, but in the interests of being polite you wouldn't say so and instead just be nice etc. So basically you are two faced! Nice one! LOL!

I wouldn't trust those instincts, screaming or otherwise!

So you are saying that you might think someone is a waste of space, but in the interests of being polite you wouldn't say so and instead just be nice etc. So basically you are two faced! Nice one! LOL!

I wouldn't trust those instincts, screaming or otherwise!

It comes of no surprise to find that, for all your self-proclaimed intelligence, observation and forthrightness, the ability only works when looking outwardly and not inwardly. The inability to accept any personal failings combined with the predilection to be ill-mannered and inconsiderate, does not make you a bastion of truth, the shining example of how any adult should behave, only a an internet troll unable to see any viewpoint but their own.

Manners may well make a man but restraint and consideration are two of the traits that differentiate an adult from a child.

Other than for some twisted inner satisfaction at doing so, what exactly is the benefit for 'telling it like you see it'? Does it somehow miraculously change the person to whom your vitriol is directed? No, the only result is that you glean some small satisfaction or pleasure, that you who are always right and are setting the world straight again.

But I'm betting you only ever "say it like you see it" via the keyboard. Or maybe against those perceived as being weaker.

My instinct is not letting me down in your case; I just haven't said what my gut feeling was and remains.

Now, back to your trolling remarks, what is exactly is to be gained by picking, poking and prodding at topics and posters that don't meet your exacting standards? You know the ones…the pedants you wouldn't go near in a pub but follow around on here to have a pop at.

Please, enlighten me; precisely how is the world a better place because of your ethos, your willingness to pick at and on people you don't like and wouldn't associate with? And how is that not being an internet troll?

It comes of no surprise to find that, for all your self-proclaimed intelligence, observation and forthrightness, the ability only works when looking outwardly and not inwardly. The inability to accept any personal failings combined with the predilection to be ill-mannered and inconsiderate, does not make you a bastion of truth, the shining example of how any adult should behave, only a an internet troll unable to see any viewpoint but their own.

Manners may well make a man but restraint and consideration are two of the traits that differentiate an adult from a child.

Other than for some twisted inner satisfaction at doing so, what exactly is the benefit for 'telling it like you see it'? Does it somehow miraculously change the person to whom your vitriol is directed? No, the only result is that you glean some small satisfaction or pleasure, that you who are always right and are setting the world straight again.

But I'm betting you only ever "say it like you see it" via the keyboard. Or maybe against those perceived as being weaker.

My instinct is not letting me down in your case; I just haven't said what my gut feeling was and remains.

Now, back to your trolling remarks, what is exactly is to be gained by picking, poking and prodding at topics and posters that don't meet your exacting standards? You know the ones…the pedants you wouldn't go near in a pub but follow around on here to have a pop at.

Please, enlighten me; precisely how is the world a better place because of your ethos, your willingness to pick at and on people you don't like and wouldn't associate with? And how is that not being an internet troll?

You're just rehashing the same old nonsense, so I shall refer you back to my previous replies. Try reading instead of typing! As for being a keyboard warrior think what you like - crack on with whatever makes you feel validated!

You're just rehashing the same old nonsense, so I shall refer you back to my previous replies. Try reading instead of typing! As for being a keyboard warrior think what you like - crack on with whatever makes you feel validated!

The irony abounds… I refer to the bold type in your reply. A little like failing to look at oneself with the same critique used on others. Please note, this sign "?" denotes a question has been asked but we both know why you choose not to acknowledge those.

Once again you exhibit the characteristics of the vainglorious whilst attempting to validate an untenable position, proving once and for all that internet trolls, paraphrasing the words of Cpl Jones, "don't like it up 'em."

To be clear, I mean by that 'quote', happy to dish it out but cry blue when it is returned in kind.

Thank you for ruining this otherwise entertaining thread but we know it isn't the first time. Let that be your little victory and let's leave it at that, shall we, or do you have plans for a continued campaign of internet troll behaviour?

Last edited:
you're just rehashing the same old nonsense, so i shall refer you back to my previous replies. Try reading instead of typing! As for being a keyboard warrior think what you like - crack on with whatever makes you feel validated!

hbastd.

Good film Kevin thanks for posting, oh yes...I don't think I have ever read a more superior worded argument on here...:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom