a seasonal question - Antifreeze

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sedstevo

Car
MB C200 Classic
Hello, I'd appreciate any advice on the latest thinking about replacing the antifreeze in my '96 petrol W202 C200 55K miles. I have read several discussions about using Mercedes own brand and not using tap water (in hard water areas).

Should I use Mercedes own brand on this engine or can I get some from Halfords? What do other members use in their wagons and what type of water do they top it up with?

Is Perrier water going over the top?

I buy the MB antifreeze and top up with a 50/50 mix, water coming via a Brita water filter!

Perrier?? Oh please take a video when you start the engine up so we can watch as all the gas comes out of solution in one go.... :D

Reactions: PJH
Hellfrauds are selling the Mobil Advanced antifreeze 5 litre packs on a three for the price of two offer at the moment. It's Mercedes approved so there should be no problem there.

we bought two and sold the free one to a guy we met in the shop who only wanted one - an extra tenner discount :)

Andy

Last edited:
Use green three year antifreeze and dilute with rain water. Mix to 50%

Another good source of non-lime scaled water is the contents of your home dehumidifier tank. We collect it regularly and save in a 25 ltr container for my wifes iron and for using in the car radiator.

I use distilled water available in 5ltr bottle from halfords for about £3.50. This has no impurities or minerals which might be contained in "bottled" water. Antifreeze wise any glycol based product blue in colour as its easier to see the level. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom