A service 5000 miles early

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Roadie

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone is able to spread some light on my 2000 CLK 320 that has been slowly ticking down from its last service. I'd reached 5,100 miles till next service until yesterday when I got in the car to be told I need service A in 30 days!

Did I miss something?

When was it's last service - there is a time limit for low mileage cars.

Do you not do a lot of mileage in the car.

When was the last service carried out was it nearly a year ago

It would be two years ago - the 30 days since the last service.

Thank you for your response

Stevesey - off the top of my head the last service was over 12 months ago and last night I topped 80k

Willow132 - I hardly use it to be honest

BlackC55 - 2 years really? I must check the paperwork

So do I simply have to get it serviced? how annoying

you can reset it yourself - its in your manual ;O)

Oh I won't reset it myself as my service history is all up to date and i'd like to keep it that way.

So if I get a garage to change the oil only that be enough to get a stamp and reset to 10k?

I only ask as its up for sale due to lack of use and i'm trying to keep the spend to a minimum.

Not too bad I guess

Your service has been calculated, please expand the following sections to view the details.

Service Operations (click to expand/collapse)
These items are required but check service history to ensure that they have not been done in recent past. Main Service Service A Engine oil and filter change
And the rest is just checks but all it need is the above.

Thanks for your assistance everyone.

As Blackc55 says,irrespective of mileage since last service assyst will call up service due once 2 years have elapsed since last service,get it done other wise you will have trouble selling it on when the time comes:)

Hi,

So when its been 2years since the last service the car will bring up 30 days even if the service indicator states 5000miles to go?

My car says 4600 to go and its been 18 months. ML270 CDI (2003)

So in 5 months if the mileage is still 3500 it will just go to the 30 days right?

That's exactly what my car did - it had 7000 miles to go and then a month before the 2yr point since last service it switch to 30 days.

On surprise (to me) was that it stayed on requesting an A service. I thought it switched to B service if it was 2 yrs since its last visit to the garage.

hmmm is every Mercedes different then? I.e could you have 2 c-class's and they both have the same service history and age etc....then one would display a later service than the other as well as a different service?

I am basically saying is every car dependent on its servicing then? No car is the same?

Ok, fair enough......I will sleep better once the service comes up and is done as it will be the 1st service under my ownership. :)

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom