A Service due - Possible Computer Glitch..???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flash

MB Enthusiast
Car
Mercs
Hi,

My W203 is 13 months old now and only done 5367 Miles - The last time I drove it (last weekend) ASYST (On Bord Computer) showed 12800 Miles untill the service was due. This weekend upon strating the car the computer displayed "Service A Due in 27 Days..". Can this be correct or is this a computer glitch? The car has only done just over 5000 miles and when last driven it showed that the service was not due for another 12800 miles. Surely, the oil/filter does not need to be changed just aftre 5000 miles/1 year of purchase (the car has never been abused or drive excessively hard) apart from the odd blast now and again when the engine/oil has been at correct temperature.

I accept that service intervals vary between the style of drivng/usage, milegae and time interval etc. From what I understood the service is only due depending on if the correct specifed mileage is accumulated or if the 2 years were approaching (if the specified milegae had not been accumlated for the specfied service (which ever was to be the sooner...).

What do you guys/gals make of this particular scenario? Does it seem like the compter is playing up?

Should I raise the issue with DC as this does not seem quite right? Suppose worse scenario will mean having to folk out the £250 plus for the A service :rolleyes: .

Cheers

Flash

I was under the impression that the service interval not only depends on driving distances/styles but also on some time factor.

I may be wrong - willing to be corrected.

Come up to Norfolk and save £50 on the service - even with the distance you'd still be quids in.

yup time, oil condition, length of time right foot on floor!

Thanks foor your input guys. Much apperciated as always :)

Busker: your correct that there is a "Time" factor invovled in the calculation in additon to style of driving and milage which is calculated by the sensors etc.

RSD2: Your absolutely correct in that it is "Time" for the A Service.

Brian: My inital reaction was excatly the same as yours that it has to be a computer glitch. I have contacted the Stealer and spoke to w/shop and explained all to them. The w/shop head advised that it was due for its Service A and was not a computer glitch (he said even though done 5000 miles the "Time" factor has kicked in as the car is a year old.

Best quote that I have had from a Stealer that I will be tryign out for the first time and who is not too far away is £240.64 (all in) opposed to the £276.15 quoted by another Stealer.

None of them were willing to give courteousy car as fully booked and were not too keen on idea when I requsted for next available date for one - so I wil wait with the car and have been told its 1.5 hrs work if I get it in before 08.00AM and car will be one firstto go to w/shop. Also whilst the car is in I shall get them to do some warranty work as there is still a small glitch with electrical issue.

Cheers

Flash

Flash said:
Best quote that I have had from a Stealer that I will be tryign out for the first time and who is not too far away is £240.64 (all in) opposed to the £276.15 quoted by another Stealer.

Hi Flash - do you mind telling me who this dealer is for £240.64 (all in)? Like you, the time factor has kicked in for our W203 C180K and an A service is due in 22 days time. Does all in imply inclusive of VAT and are you bringing your own motor oil eg. Mobil 1?

Thanks.

Regards,
swl

Hi SWL - check ur PM - full details are in there...

Regards,

Flash

Flash said:

My first A service on my C180 Kompressor was 86 pounds at a franchised dealer after supplying my own oil which cost me 20 quid.

250 seems quite steep IMHO

fuzzer said:
My first A service on my C180 Kompressor was 86 pounds at a franchised dealer after supplying my own oil which cost me 20 quid.

250 seems quite steep IMHO

Tell me about it but not much we can do down South. For down South or London area £240 is the best I can find at a Stealer thats not too far away from myself...

What engine oil do u recommend and how many liters would a W203 C220 CDI saloon take for an oil change ?

Flash

As I've said up here in the East Angles an A is £199 at the MB dealer. Although they don't seem very happy about splitting the cost down so that I could supply my own oil. You do get the option of a courtesey car.

Anyway mine is now booked in for the 'B' service at the end of the month.

Check out http://mbclub.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=10714 if you haven't already seen my recent thread.

Last edited:
Busker said:
As I've said up here in the East Angles an A is £199 at the MB dealer. Although they don't seem very happy about splitting the cost down so that I could supply my own oil. You do get the option of a courtesey car.

Anyway mine is now booked in for the 'B' service at the end of the month.

Check out http://mbclub.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=10714 if you haven't already seen my recent thread.

Looking at £170 MB Nottingham and they will price match with in reason an independant specalist :bannana: Still a while for my first service though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom