A Service. Shock-delight!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

portzy

MB Enthusiast
Car
An SLK R171 with lots of toys and a Golf Plus for fishing.
A few weeks ago, on here you may remember I, ahem, gloated?, that the likelyhood of me getting away without a service A or B before my next purchase was quite high?. Well, let me tell you that was a classic case of tempting fate as within a few days I got the message 'Service A required in XX days'.

To the point. When I booked it in I asked about how much?, as you do, to be told to expect anywhere between £250 and £350 depending on X, Y, and Z, etc. Imagine my delight when the bill came to £168 :D .

A friend of mine paid well over £200 for his Rover 25 :eek:, the service that is, not the car!!! so who says Mercedes ownership is expensive?. This works out at about about 37p per day.

Mercede Benz Harrogate BTW ;)

Forgot to mention. I thought it went well before but its tons better now. Can an oil change and plugging into a computer make so much difference?

Portzy.

Last edited:
Good news mate, nice to get rid having a recent service though, good for the resale value. ;) If trading in ask them to deduct the service charge as they would have to do one to sell it. ;)

Typically an A service is just an oil & filter change and the service engineers are also meant to have a quick look around the car to check for any obvious issues.

I always thought that the pollen filters for the interior cabin were meant to be changed on every service too but the last service manager I spoke to said that this was not the case. :confused:

S.

P.S. My last A service about a month back was approx £180 quid :)

portzy said:
Forgot to mention. I thought it went well before but its tons better now. Can an oil change and plugging into a computer make so much difference?

Portzy.

Marvellous - those lads at MB Harrogate :D

As for it going better now - this has been mentioned before and if IIRC - it's to do with the system having been told "first service over, you're OK - so go play" :D It seems it might run a bit safe for it's first session then when all is known to be well - it can relax and hence you get more from it. Don;t know if it's true - but it's what I heard :bannana: can't wait for my first service then :bannana: :bannana: :D

pammy said:
Marvellous - those lads at MB Harrogate :D

As for it going better now - this has been mentioned before and if IIRC - it's to do with the system having been told "first service over, you're OK - so go play" :D It seems it might run a bit safe for it's first session then when all is known to be well - it can relax and hence you get more from it. Don;t know if it's true - but it's what I heard :bannana: can't wait for my first service then :bannana: :bannana: :D

You mean you didn't know they take the big spring off the accelerator at the first service???????????? :D :D

I hope that you get ur cars back in same condition u left them i.e. perfect spotles allloy wheels (without any damage) or in some cases the original wheels you had from collection etc... ;)

Flash

Its deffo better!!. With the nigh on hundred quid I had spare I decided to give Netto a miss this week and go to Aldis ;) which is a bit of a drive. It flies like never before, really.

Flash, car came back as good as it went in, spotless, even the Clumber mud had gone :confused: . If I'm picky, there was a thumb print from a disposable latex glove, which the techies use, left on the oil filler cap, thats all.

Portzeeeee.

Flash...No need to worry at MB Harrogate.....they treat you as a valued customer thats why we travel all that way. As for the wheels..they are now as new and look really nice...like having my old(newer) wheels back again thanks to Mb Harrogate.

Portzy, glad you had good service from the Stealer :D

Adam: Congratulatins on ur alloys - last time my W203 was at stealer for warranty work they damamged one of my alloys (all of them were spotless) and it had to be refurbished after cretaing a fuss (but they still had nerve to accuse me -when I pointe dout why they did not note this on pre inspection records prior to worl commencing they said thay cannot be expected to go over entire car (this was a good 1.5" graze on the rim edge... :rolleyes:

Good on MB Harrogate.....

Flash

Pietre said:
They can finish the paintwork at the same time!
Your suggesting this for all members then Pietre, not just Pammy's. :devil:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom